2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2014, 07:58 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

It's all a bunch of guys wearing tights, slapping each other on the @ss, and taking showers together. Too *ahem* for me. Not to mention, they PLAY A GAME, and make millions. We work our @sses off doing or making what we (as a country) need to survive and make chump change.

Either way, it's my two cents.

Old 02-04-2014, 08:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Originally Posted by kejobe
It's all a bunch of guys wearing tights, slapping each other on the @ss, and taking showers together. Too *ahem* for me. Not to mention, they PLAY A GAME, and make millions. We work our @sses off doing or making what we (as a country) need to survive and make chump change.

Exactly. These guys are making millions playing a damn game, but, we pay our teachers peanuts.... whose job do YOU think is more important?

Old 02-04-2014, 08:31 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Seriously? 22 players beating and banging on each other every play compared to two or three players throwing a ball around while a 4th (hopefully) gets to run the bases? That just does not compute.

I actually tried to get into baseball last season, was told the "strategy" between the pitcher/catcher/batter is interesting to watch....it did not entertain me very much. I think another issue is there is just so much baseball. Multiple games every day....over exposed, and it's really not an American sport anymore. Half the players can't even speak English.

But, to each his own. I know just as many die hard baseball fans as non-fans like myself.
At times... **** it takes too long to play a 1 hour football game... More like 2 1/2....

But to each his own...

While lots of today's baseball players can't speak English, at least their brain hasn't been scrambled yet...

Best part of The Daily Show yesterday? "The Denver Bronco's scored some impressive....field level seats!

Last edited by stewie01; 02-04-2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
At times... **** it takes too long to play a 1 hour football game... More like 2 1/2....

But to each his own...

While lots of today's baseball players can't speak English, at least their brain hasn't been scrambled yet...

Best part of The Daily Show yesterday? "The Denver Bronco's scored some impressive....field level seats!
Good points. Baseball is still boring though.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:01 PM
AppelH
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's economics. People watch the games, which means advertisers can pay the league/broadcast company. Ticket and merchandise sales give teams money to pay their players, and it's always competitive to pay the best players the most money, to have the best team, that in turn earns more money. I don't really agree with it, but it's the way it is. It's not like we are taking money out of teachers pockets so we can pay pro athletes. If so many people didn't watch, they couldn't afford it. That's why women's pro athletes don't get paid crap, nobody watches it.

If it makes you feel better, the players with good morals donate a lot of money, and the jerks are usually too dumb to manage their money and go bankrupt.

An about the homosexual comment (are we not allowed to say homosexual if it's not insulting? Are we not adults?) that's a little immature don't you think? Is that the part you concentrate on? I'm pretty sure they don't play the game to touch each other.

Last edited by AppelH; 02-04-2014 at 09:10 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:29 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AppelH
It's economics. People watch the games, which means advertisers can pay the league/broadcast company. Ticket and merchandise sales give teams money to pay their players, and it's always competitive to pay the best players the most money, to have the best team, that in turn earns more money. I don't really agree with it, but it's the way it is. It's not like we are taking money out of teachers pockets so we can pay pro athletes. If so many people didn't watch, they couldn't afford it. That's why women's pro athletes don't get paid crap, nobody watches it.

If it makes you feel better, the players with good morals donate a lot of money, and the jerks are usually too dumb to manage their money and go bankrupt.

An about the homosexual comment (are we not allowed to say homosexual if it's not insulting? Are we not adults?) that's a little immature don't you think? Is that the part you concentrate on? I'm pretty sure they don't play the game to touch each other.
Immature? No. That's just the way I see it. As I said, it's my opinion and last I knew we had the first amendment. That gives me the right to think and say what I wish. And you also. Either way, it doesn't bother me. But, just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean you should stoop to the level of name calling, that IS immature.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:44 PM
AppelH
Captain

Immature? No. That's just the way I see it. As I said, it's my opinion and last I knew we had the first amendment. That gives me the right to think and say what I wish. And you also. Either way, it doesn't bother me. But, just because you don't like my opinion doesn't mean you should stoop to the level of name calling, that IS immature.
So calling athletes gay because of the way they play isn't considered name calling, but referring to your attitude towards it as immature is name calling? Ahh. I see.

What are your favorite sports, if any? What about sports you played in high school? I am just curious, because I think a majority of them shower. That is a lot of people in the closet I wouldn't have predicted, but I have been wrong many times before.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:49 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Received 338 Likes on 302 Posts

Anyhow, in other sporting news, anyone going to watch the Olympics? Anyone pull for the athletes competing for the good ol USA?

Last edited by jkeaton; 02-04-2014 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2014, 09:50 PM
AppelH
Captain

And I do respect peoples opinion. I was surprised to find that a lot of memebrs on here are not sports fans, and I dont think any differently of them. I agree that it is ridiculous how much they get paid, while understanding that I am a hypocrite because I watch the games and do my very small part in paying their salaries because I watch the games.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:53 PM
AppelH
Captain

Originally Posted by jkeaton
Ok then, in other sporting news, anyone going to watch the Olympics? Anyone pull for the athletes competing for the good ol USA?
I have never been able to get into the olympics, but I wish I did because like you said they are representing the US and don't get paid from what I understand, other than the best of the best getting endorsments. I think part of the problem is that it s only every four years, hard to get into.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread