2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 12:14 PM
Nereaga
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
The only thing I use pep boys for is tires.. Find the tires you want online for the cheapest price you can and pep boys will price match and then take some off.. Only good thing about them...
I will use this tactic for sure, good advice. How you like the tires in your sig?

Old 12-05-2012, 12:20 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkeaton
This ^^ is why I liked autozone. I was able to do the exact same thing. Got a water pump for my dakota for like $5 using the rewards card. Half the time I go into Oreillys and ask for something for the mustang, camaro or Ram they tell me they don't have it and do not even offer to find out if there is a replacement, or maybe have it at another store, warehouse, etc. They are usually too busy talking to their ricer friends.
buncha city boys workin at your oreillys huh?

everyone that works at the one I go to is all a buncha rednecks with big *** trucks/suvs.

They are pretty helpful too, and they will tell you straight up if they cant get a part, and suggest napa if they can't get it.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:27 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by Nereaga
I will use this tactic for sure, good advice. How you like the tires in your sig?
This is my second set of them and I really like them.. Only problem i got is the front tires are cupped which is my fault for not fixing my front end. Other than that I will probably end up getting another set of them if I dont decide to lift the truck...

Old 12-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Firestone sucks giant donkey *****, and I hated them long before the Ford Explorer tire fiasco.

Old 12-05-2012, 12:37 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Firestone sucks giant donkey *****, and I hated them long before the Ford Explorer tire fiasco.
I had a set of firestones on my 01 before I sold it.. It was the worst set of tires I had ever owned

Old 12-05-2012, 12:49 PM
Nereaga
Captain

Originally Posted by dlyter09
This is my second set of them and I really like them.. Only problem i got is the front tires are cupped which is my fault for not fixing my front end. Other than that I will probably end up getting another set of them if I dont decide to lift the truck...
I am leaning towards these now. Seem to have good reviews. I can't seem to find anyone other than pepboys that has them to even compare prices... They are about $163 each from pepboys...

I like my copper stampede AT's that I have now. Would have lasted longer if I would not have let that bad tie rod end eat the inside on the fronts. I would like to get the BFG's AT KOs but at 1,000 for a set, the wife would hurt me... Lol

Old 12-05-2012, 12:57 PM
dlyter09
Champion

I think I paid like 152 a piece for mine.. If I end up lifting the truck I'm gonna go with the Cooper Discover STT.. Another good tire there but they are pretty aggresive for a mainly street driven truck

Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM
Nereaga
Captain

Sweet, thanks for info. My truck is my DD and mostly a street queen but I'd like to put cheaper aggressive looking tires on it.

Old 12-05-2012, 01:21 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Then you will like the definity

Old 12-05-2012, 01:24 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Nereaga
I am leaning towards these now. Seem to have good reviews. I can't seem to find anyone other than pepboys that has them to even compare prices... They are about $163 each from pepboys...

I like my copper stampede AT's that I have now. Would have lasted longer if I would not have let that bad tie rod end eat the inside on the fronts. I would like to get the BFG's AT KOs but at 1,000 for a set, the wife would hurt me... Lol
Definity is Pep-Boys house brand for tires, which is why you can't find them anywhere else. I really like my Falken Rocky Mountain ATS 35's that are currently on my '95, cost me $900 with lifetime balancing from Discount Tire. For a name brand tire with great reviews and reputation (50,000 mile treadwear warranty, people get over 60 out of them) that price was worth it to me. They handle great as well. However I almost got Coopers, and looking back I wish I had, since they are made in the USA.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread