2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2013, 07:29 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Girl I used to go to school with here got bit by a Brown Recluse, next thing she knows the skin started to die around the bite

Old 06-16-2013, 07:39 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
Time to switch her to Linux.
Easier said than done. I am continually having to teach the woman how you use a computer and OS she's had for 4 years.
Girl I used to go to school with here got bit by a Brown Recluse, next thing she knows the skin started to die around the bite
She live?

Old 06-16-2013, 08:17 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
Easier said than done. I am continually having to teach the woman how you use a computer and OS she's had for 4 years.

She live?
Indeed she did. I do believe she had to have a patch surgically removed to prevent further infection.....

Old 06-16-2013, 08:51 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Indeed she did. I do believe she had to have a patch surgically removed to prevent further infection.....
Yikes. My parents knew a guy that was bitten by a brown recluse and he died. Stubbornness I believe his cause of death was.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:25 PM
Jigabop
Champion

indeed...stubbornness can do that.

brown recluse spiders can cause necrosis which if left untreated can become fatal after a while. It is not something that will kill you in just a day or two though....necrosis would have to go untreated for weeks before it was fatal. and it would be painfully obvious something was wrong when your flesh is dying around the bite...

not something that will heal or go away...dead flesh needs to be surgically removed or it will spread. last thing you want to do is wait long enough that a whole limb needs to be amputated... catch it in the first day or two and maybe only a small sliver of skin needs to be removed which you can heal from and go about a normal life.

Old 06-16-2013, 10:29 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
take away the computer

common websites are so full of ads that lead to malicious programs and sites that it's near impossible to keep garbage out of a computer illiterate persons machine.

I would say use firefox with ad block and no script plugins, but a computer illiterate person would not know how to get no script setup for the websites they frequent since you have to manually allow things on websites because it blocks everything by default.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:02 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Jigabop
take away the computer

common websites are so full of ads that lead to malicious programs and sites that it's near impossible to keep garbage out of a computer illiterate persons machine.

I would say use firefox with ad block and no script plugins, but a computer illiterate person would not know how to get no script setup for the websites they frequent since you have to manually allow things on websites because it blocks everything by default.
I wish. lol
You should see her email boxes. We haven't had any issues with this machine other than a bad stick of RAM that took out the OS and a partion on the HDD. New stick and an OS upgrade and some scan disks took care of most of that issue. I've got FF, ABP, and No Script on it. Works well, for the most part. The main problem is IE. I've got a third party ad blocker on it, I forget what it's called, but it actually works. I guess I'm just going to have keep plugging along with that computer. I honestly can't wait for it to die. It gets so hot that it bogs. Stupid all in one PCs.

Old 06-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Old 06-16-2013, 11:21 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

It made SO much horsepower, it broke it's tie downs.

Old 06-17-2013, 05:04 AM
stewie01
Legend

Welp this officially sucks, been in constant pain since Friday afternoon, now a possible ear infection, hopefully my doc can see me today or it's the ER for me, can't take anymore.

Been popping OTC pain meds like they're skittles and they provide no relief whatsoever

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread