2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Part 8

Old 01-12-2013, 10:33 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
That hasn't been the case for decades......
I guess that's what happens when you redefine "treat people like human beings" to have the same meaning as "work 'em like rented mules".

This state of affairs was inevitable when people bought wholesale into the notion that the New Deal was a failed experiment. "We The People" forget our high school history classes before graduation so don't even know any more that the working middle class, a thing that had never existed before in the entire history of the human race, was entirely the result of federal government policies and programs. The politricksters appeal to our greed with that crap about "paying for other people's <whatever>" so we'll forget that to everyone else on Earth we are, individually, "other people".

Old 01-12-2013, 10:57 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01

Cats are funny. That's why I have two.

Old 01-12-2013, 07:51 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 01-12-2013, 08:14 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Cats are funny. That's why I have two.
They are funny till you have 5 and they are all indoor. D@mn rescue cats all have mental issues.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Back in the day.... I had an old chicken coup for a garage. (28 by 80... it was actually pretty nice.) One cold winters day, I noticed I had a white cat staying in my garage. It was like -5 out.... on the warm days.... so, I just figgered everyone needs a place to stay, and if the cat was happy there, that's just fine. And it was indeed fine... until spring, when I wanted to do some garage cleanup, and discovered that my one white cat, was female.... and had produced a couple litters of kittens in the meanwhile. For a total of 17...... (including mom) THAT was a problem.....

I was working out in the garage, chopping up an old Jag I had, that was beyond rescue.... (sat in field for 18 years..... undercarriage was completely gone.) and all the kittens came in to watch. The positioned themselves all around us.... and watched.... and meowed back an forth at each other. My brother and I theorized that they were discussing if they could take one of us.... after all, one of us would keep them fed nicely for a day or three, till we started to stink too bad.....

We exported cats the following weekend. Got all but two. One we wanted to keep, and the other, we simply couldn't catch.... well, another week or three goes by, and it's time to pull my one-ton chevy truck into the garage, to yank the motor..... opened the door, and much to my surprise, a cat jumped out, and ran off..... leaving behind her five kittens......

Dammit! Didn't we just deal with this???? Ah well. So, wait for the cat to go back into the truck, thump hard on a door, so she jumps out into the bag we had waiting for her by the rear slider..... and then capture the kittens.... They weren't thrilled.....

All the cats ended up at a friend of mines farm. He did NOT have mouse problems for quite a while.

Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well guys I have not been online for a little while, so about time I got back on LOL! Only have time tonight to check out this thread and post this... Then gotta clean house. BIG NEWS! We got our first 1 ton dually. More later. Super powerful smooth riding.

And since you are all talking about theme songs, here's mine:

Oh, and CrapEx (thanks Stewie) sent a DIFFERENT driver out today to deliver our server. Man is it big and heavy! IBM x3500... Wow one heck of a machine.

Old 01-12-2013, 09:28 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Well guys I have not been online for a little while, so about time I got back on LOL! Only have time tonight to check out this thread and post this... Then gotta clean house. BIG NEWS! We got our first 1 ton dually. More later. Super powerful smooth riding.

Pics or it never happened

Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Old 01-12-2013, 10:20 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
I've found it's people in general that want something that are the hardest to get money out of. Case in point; we (grandfather and I) provided internet services; DialUp, Fiber, & Wireless and there's this lovely little place out in the middle of no where Troutdale, Va that got approved for Fiber Grants, anyway they have fiber and some wireless service in the area, there's a small community of people that are completely cutoff from wireless and the fiber, but one of our other customers has a garage that got fiber run to it, just not the end terminated, so after a deal with the customer we have permission to install equipment on his pole to serve wireless to those people.

Now everyone in the neighborhood said "yes, I want!" and it took the fiber company until October to get out there and terminate the end, anywho fiber is up, NanoStation M2 is up and now everyone is just kinda like "I dunno". Guess they didn't expect to pay for it.
Oh mah gosh...you mean they felt they were "entitled" to have it free? Isn't everything free? Even for those way out in the boonies...b/c they want to be?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread