2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2013, 12:56 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
but do you think they would check the camera's immediately if they think he slipped and fell?
Of course not, but eventually they might. Wouldn't really do much good though unless he (douche-bag) tried to file a claim.

Old 02-23-2013, 01:03 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

exactly

Old 02-23-2013, 02:44 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

on the slip and fall fraud. you wouldn't believe how common this has become. all the places where you see that someone has mopped the floor and put out a sign that says CAUTION. there's a million people that see this as an opportunity for a slip and fall claim, and most of them get away with it.

i know someone who works at a large hospital, which has cameras on EVERY single hallway and public area. people try the slip and fall claim every week. when the claim is signed and submitted, the hospital brings in the lawyers and the video tapes. by the time the hospital, the lawyers, and the police are done with the faller, they're lucky if they're not in jail for fraud.

the videos are comical. its usually not a young nimble acrobat that fakes a fall, but more likely a middle aged douchebag that takes forever to lay down on the floor and then start hollering.

Last edited by dhvaughan; 02-23-2013 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:35 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Everyone is just out for theirs these days. Everyone wants money, but people aren't willing to work for it. Instead they want to screw us honest folks out of our hard earned cash. Hence..... the current administration..... and the tax system..... the entire government.

Old 02-23-2013, 03:37 PM
gdstock
Legend

Worked a case a couple of years ago. Idiot went to FB church and assualted his wife. Yep, on video (wh wouldda thought?). While awaiting trial, assaulted her again in local Wal mart (everyone should know THEY have cameras!). First "no bail on Family Violence charge filed after new law was passed!

Old 02-23-2013, 04:45 PM
This Dodge is for you
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey New to this forum, I have a 1998 Dodge Ram 1500 that sat for 4yrs and was attacked by ffffnn Squirrels, they ate the wires on my power train wire harness. I bought a harness on the net, however they sent my a an Automatic wire harness not a Manual harness. Needless to say the harness did not match up and as a second plan I spliced all the connections that were bad on the old harness from the good connections from the Auto- Harness. Luckily those connections matched up. Now I would like to test for continuity on the connections I spliced to be sure that the harness is good so I can rule that out if there is another prob.

I don't know how to use a Multimeter, and I don't know the right settings and procedure to test the connections. Can anyone help me with this ? what ever you can tell me is most appreciated.

Old 02-23-2013, 05:24 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

This here's just a gangster truck.

Old 02-23-2013, 06:33 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

mmmmmmmm. dinner

Old 02-23-2013, 06:38 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by techningeer
Redneck, why exactly are you looking at a Motus? Just curious cuz there might be a cheaper option.
i got an mt2500, not the motus.

Originally Posted by gdstock
He is looking at MT 2500.....

Redneck, if you get it, I can send you a list of the key numbers for other vehicles as well.

Hwew is a list.

You will need Key #13 or 13A,

And the modules you will need:

and an assortment of addional cables and connectors for pre-OBDII vehicles:
gd, i got it, ended up paying 320 for it shipped to me. comes with a ton of stuff, including key 13. i also ordered 13a just in case.

i need to track down the correct cartridges for it though. its only good for 1999 vehicles, and i obviously dont have a 99 or older. there is a 2001 set(primary, and troubleshooter) on ebay right now it ends in 5 days... hopefully i can win it!

here is the scanner i won.... http://www.ebay.com/itm/SNAP-ON-MT-2...vip=true&rt=nc

Old 02-23-2013, 07:10 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^that's a bad-*** truck there. i like it.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread