2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 10:34 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by techningeer
Keep your yapper shut :P LOL. He's just giving y'all a hard time. He IS my big bro, although we aren't related as far as ancestry goes. LOL...

Ahh don't worry... We won't stir up too much trouble.

Getting the trailer ready to take a cow to market today. Gotta get all the wiring fixed and put a board on the floor...

I haven't been on for a while . Been soooooooo busy. That should be changed now .
But he threatened us with a beat up 1st gen.

You finished that damn swap yet, whippersnapper?

Old 03-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Old 03-06-2013, 12:22 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/05/auto...rid/index.html

Up to 30 miles of driving on all electric, powered by a 0.9l 2 Cylinder diesel....

WTF!

Waste of everything to make that POS.
why a waste? gets ridiculously great fuel economy...even a motorcycle can't touch it for fuel economy...

its gutless and not going anywhere fast...but if economy is what you want, it can deliver...

I would be more interested in the jetta/golf TDI hybrids they are making for the european market.

why they think they wouldn't sell in the US is beyond me...

they are claiming 79mpg for the TDI hybrids and they think they wouldn't sell in the US just because its a diesel?! you kidding me?! even I would buy one! Eff the high car payment...son of a bitch will pay for itself in fuel savings after a few years...and once its paid for, its nothing but savings! you are a fool to think gas/diesel prices are ever going to go down in the future... +-$0.50 is insignificant. you know in the next few years prices will be up another dollar a gallon at least...they will find some excuse to inflate the costs...they always do.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:45 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
why a waste? gets ridiculously great fuel economy...even a motorcycle can't touch it for fuel economy...

its gutless and not going anywhere fast...but if economy is what you want, it can deliver...

I would be more interested in the jetta/golf TDI hybrids they are making for the european market.

why they think they wouldn't sell in the US is beyond me...

they are claiming 79mpg for the TDI hybrids and they think they wouldn't sell in the US just because its a diesel?! you kidding me?! even I would buy one! Eff the high car payment...son of a bitch will pay for itself in fuel savings after a few years...and once its paid for, its nothing but savings! you are a fool to think gas/diesel prices are ever going to go down in the future... +-$0.50 is insignificant. you know in the next few years prices will be up another dollar a gallon at least...they will find some excuse to inflate the costs...they always do.

Big oil companies would never allow something like this to survive...

Fuel savings maybe, but this car isn't going to be even the slightest bit affordable.

Old 03-06-2013, 12:55 PM
Arde
All Star
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt that major oil companies are going to let there profits slip because of vehicles getting higher mpg. Pretty sure that gas prices will rise so that your cost per mile will remain the same or go higher.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Jigabop
Champion

they are in no danger of losing profits even if we had cars like on the road. Cause there will still be plenty of people driving their big trucks and SUVs that guzzle fuel...

not to mention recreational activities like motorbikes, and watercraft.

hell nothing burns gas faster than a boat or personal watercraft...

my seadoo is no exception...it will burn 9 gallons in just a few hours or less depending on how fast your are going...

and it has to run on premium or it will ping pretty bad...

I still need to rebuild that thing.

it melted its pistons a couple years ago. still haven't done a top end on it yet. got part of the stuff that failed rebuilt, but not all of it.

Last edited by Jigabop; 03-06-2013 at 01:16 PM.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:14 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

apparently a dump truck was responsible for taking out power earlier today.
http://www.orangeville.com/news-stor...t-hydro-lines/

Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
they are in no danger of losing profits even if we had cars like on the road. Cause there will still be plenty of people driving their big trucks and SUVs that guzzle fuel...

not to mention recreational activities like motorbikes, and watercraft.

hell nothing burns gas faster than a boat or personal watercraft...

my seadoo is no exception...it will burn 9 gallons in just a few hours or less depending on how fast your are going...

and it has to run on premium or it will ping pretty bad...

I still need to rebuild that thing.

it melted its pistons a couple years ago. still haven't done a top end on it yet. got part of the stuff that failed rebuilt, but not all of it.
But why bother with electric hybrids if they can make diesel's that are that efficient?

I've got no idea what that VW is going to sell for but I'll bet if you gut all the electric motor crap out of it you'll cut the price tag in half or better.

Old 03-06-2013, 01:30 PM
Jigabop
Champion

without the electric motor the TDI's are getting about 50mpg...

with the electric motor they are gaining about 20mpg...

I would assume the car would cost around $30-35k

and it would still be the full size golf/jetta...not these goofy lookin cars like the prius or insight.

then you can do the plug in option and gain even more mileage on a tank...

I think the government may still be doing the tax credit as well for buying one of these greeny cars where they give you like a $7k refund or some **** like that...

I know they had a lot of incentive programs to get people to drive more efficient cars.

Old 03-06-2013, 02:27 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
But he threatened us with a beat up 1st gen.

You finished that damn swap yet, whippersnapper?
Bahahahaha... Are you really afraid that a 1st gen can whip ya?

No I'm not finished with the swap yet. I haven't had a mite of time yet. Wanna come help?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread