2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 02:21 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like Fords.

Anywho, these damn rotors are heavy! I'll bet one weighs as much as the damn kegger does. Getting installed tomorrow.

Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Prove it.

As Jigabop said,
"prime example...mazda B series pickup and ford ranger are EXACTLY THE SAME! (other than exterior badging) however the motor says ford right on it!"

They didn't just buy a Ford motor either. It's got the whole Ford shebanga of tranny and engine
Mazda is a separate entity all of it's own.

As HeyYou pointed out, automotive companies (as an example) have joint ventures. Mazda and Ford married back in the 1980s; Chrysler with Mitsubishi, and GM with Toyota.

When these companies "married", they bought stake in each other. Back in 2010, Ford announced it was reducing its stake in Mazda.

Ford reducing Mazda stake to just 3.5%

You're young, Junior. You have a lot to learn, so sit back and learn before running your yap (or flexing your keyboard muscles).

Old 02-13-2013, 02:27 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Well, look at the Geo Prizm, a toyota corrola under a different brand name. Toyota is not a GM brand.... or the Geo Tracker. A Suzuki.... again, not a GM brand.

Car companies cooperate on various projects as suits them. There is no implied ownership going either direction.

Ford Probe was just a rebadged Mazda as well. Though Mazda didn't have a comparable car in their line up....
Good job explaining.

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Mazda is a separate entity all of it's own.

As HeyYou pointed out, automotive companies (as an example) have joint ventures. Mazda and Ford married back in the 1980s; Chrysler with Mitsubishi, and GM with Toyota.

When these companies "married", they bought stake in each other. Back in 2010, Ford announced it was reducing its stake in Mazda.

Ford reducing Mazda stake to just 3.5%

You're young, Junior. You have a lot to learn, so sit back and learn before running your yap (or flexing your keyboard muscles).
Yeah I'm young but I'm not Junior (:P). Yeah I have alot to learn. That's why I said "prove it" rather than "it's fact and no one can deny it". So am I improving?

You missed the per....

Old 02-13-2013, 02:41 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by techningeer
Good job explaining.

Yeah I'm young but I'm not Junior (:P). Yeah I have alot to learn. That's why I said "prove it" rather than "it's fact and no one can deny it". So am I improving?

You missed the per....

Actually, it wasn't my place to "prove it".

Don't blame me because you don't know what you're talking about when you make your bold, asinine statements.

Mazda Corporation

Ford Motor Company

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brand

Brand is the "name, term, design, symbol, or any other feature that identifies one seller's good or service as distinct from those of other sellers."[1] Initially, Branding was adopted to differentiate one person's cattle from another's by means of a distinctive symbol burned into the animal's skin with a hot iron stamp, and was subsequently used in business, marketing and advertising. A modern example of a brand is Coca Cola which belongs to the Coca-Cola Company. A brand is the most valuable fixed asset of a Corporation.
Marque[2] or make[3] are often used to denote a brand of motor vehicle, which may be distinguished from a car model. A concept brand is a brand that is associated with an abstract concept, like breast cancer awareness or environmentalism, rather than a specific product, service, or business. A commodity brand is a brand associated with a commodity. Got milk? is an example of a commodity brand.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
I like Fords.
This is painfully obvious!

get a VW rabbit pickup!

Don't blame me because you don't know what you're talking about when you make your bold, asinine statements.

Mazda Corporation

Ford Motor Company

if it has ford written anywhere on it, I want nothing to do with it! :P

and yes the companies have made engines for each other and bodies for rebadging... like the B2000 and ford ranger, or the chevy luv and isuzu pup, then later the chevy S10 and isuzu pup. or the geo prism and toyota corolla. same car back in the day just rebadged on the exterior. motor said toyota right on it.

then we have the 3000GT and the stealth, same basic body but dodge changed the trim slightly. same motors and drive trains about as much difference between the two as the camaro and firebird in the 90's - 2000's same motor, trans and basic body design, nose and tail were changed slightly but at the core it was the same car.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:46 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Mazda Corporation

Ford Motor Company

I don't recall ever having blamed you, but if I did my apologies...

You know what? I think we oughta meet someday. Seriously.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:47 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

I'm tired. Who else is?

Old 02-13-2013, 04:06 PM
stewie01
Legend

Also test fitted the new chains I bought. Fit well. And I got thoroughly muddy putting them on.

Work well.

We'll see next time we get snow.

Old 02-13-2013, 04:39 PM
stewie01
Legend

So my youngest daughter comes running down the stairs saying Precious (my grandparents dog, little terrier) killed our cat Audi, so I go upstairs and check it out, and there isn't a dead cat on the bed but instead a dead FOUL smelling puppy.

WTF!

I don't know if she was ever spayed, but she has been acting weird lately, not very active, spending lots of time on the bed (same bed) and wanting lots of attention...

Old 02-13-2013, 04:43 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
So my youngest daughter comes running down the stairs saying Precious (my grandparents dog, little terrier) killed our cat Audi, so I go upstairs and check it out, and there isn't a dead cat on the bed but instead a dead FOUL smelling puppy.

WTF!

I don't know if she was ever spayed, but she has been acting weird lately, not very active, spending lots of time on the bed (same bed) and wanting lots of attention...
man that sucks stewie... 2 dogs within a couple months span... cant imagine the hurt you have going on right now.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread