2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 02:45 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sadly enough even after the alignment my driver front tire/rim still rubs the bottom control arm at full lock to the right.

Old 04-20-2013, 03:29 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by frauhansen
Sorry.... but this iss everything... but not WTF.... is there no "music thread" for this female feelings ****!
LOL, there is the wtf as far as my post goes. And btw, those two still rule . Beside's, I'm man enough to admit I also have a feminine side.

Last edited by zman17; 04-20-2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 04:12 PM
aofarrell2
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Found this in a thread Wh1t3 posted a link to from pirate, the thread is about crappy fabrication. This pic made me laugh really hard.

What a joke...

Old 04-20-2013, 04:21 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
Got a new (new to us) push mower today. Has the good ol' Craftsman 21/22" 3-in-one deck and then to top it all off a awesome Briggs 6HP industrial engine! Runs awesome...

Also looked at a really nice rider, might end up getting it too.
I haven't used a push mower in years!

got a toro riding mower with a 16hp electric start motor..

thing does reverse wheelies and 1-legged burnouts like nobodies business!

gotta love hydrostatic drive! instant torque!

Old 04-20-2013, 05:02 PM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

This is turning into another gibberish thread....post your "I'm an idiot" moment and stop with the back and forth banter every time someone posts something!!!!! Jeesh.

Old 04-20-2013, 05:39 PM
Darren270
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My biggest idiot moment:

About 16 years ago my roommate at the time decided to buy a truck at a local used car dealership across town. He owned an 83 Chevy Blazer that he was going to keep and was currently his daily driver. He took me along so I could drive it back from the dealer when he picked up his new used truck.

After signing all the papers we were ready to go. He tosses me the keys and gives me the basic "just follow me. Im gonna jump on the highway" instructions. No problem. We leave the dealership and almost immediately I could tell there was something wrong. His Blazer had a manual transmission and no matter what gear I put it in the rpms would skyrocket fairly quickly. Now this Blazer was a total p.o.s. and he had mentioned that the transmission was on the fritz, so I figured maybe it was just one its "quirks" and continued on. We got on the highway and the rpms were near 5,000 in 4th gear. Every time I shifted the back end would get kinda squirrley and there was an overwhelming smell of burning oil.

After about a mile or so I pulled over. He was ahead of me and must have seen me in his rear view as he also pulled over and then backed up to where I was at to see what was wrong. I explained to him everything that happened. He jumps in starts it up. Engine sounds fine. He puts it into 1st gear...nothing. Second...nothing. Reverse...nothing. Suddenly he screams out "OH F***!!!"

Apparently when we arrived at the dealership, and for reasons known only to him, he put the truck into 4-LOW and never mentioned it to me. Having said that, it never occurred to me while driving to see what it was in even though it was right there in front of me (idiot moment!!!). So there I was tooling down the highway at 65 mph in 4-low.

He was pretty upset. I think he wanted to blame me but didnt since he was the one who put into 4 low. Still, I felt like I should have noticed that and I offered to help him monetarily to fix it but he kept declining. I dont know if he ever replaced the transmission (I moved out a few months later) but I always felt terrible about it and like a complete idiot.

Last edited by Darren270; 04-20-2013 at 05:45 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:07 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

I've got a John Deere SX95 with a unbeatable Kawasaki 12HP engine. I can run it up to 5000RPM with no modifications and not hurt the engine as long as I use diesel grade or better engine oil. I've had another john deere rider with the exact same engine. I could literally grab the flywheel by hand and start the engine... We ran the thing sooo long that I could literally see light shining in the crankcase past the piston up in the cylinder . And it still ran! I ran it till it smoked oil so bad I couldn't see what I was doing.

Looked at a Ford LT12 tractor. Has a Briggs 12HP in it and a awesome 5speed tranny in it too.

Old 04-20-2013, 07:27 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I've got VIP tickets to Carolina Rebellion!

Deftones, Alice in Chains, Papa Roach, Three Days Grace, 3 Doors Down, Soundgarden, Limp Bizkit, the list goes on

http://www.carolinarebellion.com/lineup.html

Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
What a joke...
Thank you for laughing at it with me. This thing is so homo it's not even funny. I didn't expect people to think it was cool haha.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Thank you for laughing at it with me. This thing is so homo it's not even funny. I didn't expect people to think it was cool haha.
Your welcome!

I don't see how ANYONE could think it was cool... And anyone who thinks it is deserves to be in the WTF thread...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread