2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 08:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Trouble is, without the federally mandated minimum wage, employers COULD find to work for that. Especially today.... when "real" unemployment numbers are over 20%.....

Old 04-25-2013, 08:25 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
^ I would love to get $14 an hour for driving a forklift.
it is not always that easy of a job. i spend about as much time off the forklift as i spend on it but then again i am pretty fast.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:28 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
maybe he'll behave if we give him an underscore

Now THAT was funny!

Old 04-25-2013, 08:37 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ I love driving fork. Something very satisfying to it.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:47 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

because i deal with loading and unloading tractor trailers things can end up being a bad work day quick. many people screw up loading trailer and i have to fix it which is not always easy.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:51 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-25-2013, 08:52 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
because i deal with loading and unloading tractor trailers things can end up being a bad work day quick. many people screw up loading trailer and i have to fix it which is not always easy.

Oh trust me I know exactly what that's like, I used to do the exact same thing, but with bombs.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Minimum wage is such a scam. Employment is a contract. If I agree to work for $1.49/hr, i agreed to it. If I don't want to work for that, I won't.
Originally Posted by HeyYou
Trouble is, without the federally mandated minimum wage, employers COULD find to work for that. Especially today.... when "real" unemployment numbers are over 20%.....

The reason we have "minimum wage" laws is because employers had a habit of screwing employees. The sad part is the federal minimum wage now is less than it was in the 70's (in comparative dollars and spending power - sorry for getting all policy wonky....but that's what I do....) and we should be having conversations about a "living wage."

Since when is "minimum" a good thing? Nothing like settling for mediocrity (or less). Kind of like bragging about being the state with the highest poverty level or worst schools.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh trust me I know exactly what that's like, I used to do the exact same thing, but with bombs.
lmao

So weird unless an person knows where you worked.
Originally Posted by gdstock
The reason we have "minimum wage" laws is because employers had a habit of screwing employees. The sad part is the federal minimum wage now is less than it was in the 70's (in comparative dollars and spending power - sorry for getting all policy wonky....but that's what I do....) and we should be having conversations about a "living wage."

Since when is "minimum" a good thing? Nothing like settling for mediocrity (or less). Kind of like bragging about being the state with the highest poverty level or worst schools.
I think the problem if we raised it, would be the fact that business would have to compensate to stay open. And they would have to raise prices. Cost has to go somewhere, and that somewhere is the consumer, unfortunately.

Old 04-25-2013, 08:56 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

dealing with bombs doesn't sound that bad. i spent a hole day unloading 1 trailer once because someone didn't secure things properly and someone must have stomped on the brakes. there was 1 skid that even managed to get under the skid ahead of it. it was a nightmare to fix.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread