2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 12:06 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Ghost trailer. lmao

Old 04-30-2013, 05:03 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
So with all the various types of trees I've been cutting down for firewood I've came to the conclusion that Walnut is the worst on the chains. It'll dull the crap out of a brand new chain in no time....

Sucks too, the Walnut has made great firewood. Probably better than the Oak did...
I had a tree struck by lightning one time. Hard as a rock...don't burn worth a dang either. Ate chains up quickly.

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle

Hmmm... I don't get it....

Wonder what the difference on SCT X2 and X3 will be? Maybe I should trade up!

Old 04-30-2013, 05:28 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what's the valve cover breather hole grommit size for 01? don't have the fsm handy

Old 04-30-2013, 07:09 PM
gdstock
Legend

I have a wireless transmitter commonly used in broadcasting.....and it doesn't look like THAT!

Old 04-30-2013, 07:23 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Old 04-30-2013, 07:55 PM
gdstock
Legend

I am not sure what that serves to prove....other than some minds may be warped (mine included...) heehee....

Old 04-30-2013, 08:45 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by gdstock
Had to leave wife's car at Wal-Mart in a town about 10 miles away. Could not get key to turn to start it when we came out. Freaking ignition switch is jacked. Went back with car dooly this morning to get it, but parking is so crazy I could not get it loaded. I did find a way to unlock floor shifter. Gotta wait until later tonight to go back to load it up. Grrrr....

So spent the day running conduit to hook up air compressor and welders. Could not find fish tape to pull wire. I hate not being able to find sh@t. Cleaned up and sported spare parts into new boxes and sort on different shelving units, cleaning out some other junk I am throwing away, and decided to install another shelf by new electrical pane. Reached for torpedo level......and saw dang fish tape hanging on pegboard behind it.

Ever had a day when it seems like you get nothing done?
Just got the car home a little while ago. Started raining big time just after I loaded it. Drove home going about 20 mph.....until I got to county roads, then slowed to about 5. Could barely see the road. puled in front of garage and parked. Everything is shop is drenched. Rain blew in from south and the open gable,,,,,,

It's always something......

So an update (it was too late when I got home form the Capitol last night).

I pulled the steering column and slipped off form the office to go to the dealer on the south end of Austin. After arguing with service writer for over half an hour about them wanting to see a copy of the title, I gave them my insurance card that has my name and my wife's name on it along with the VIN.

They told me they were wanting this to "protect me..." I guess the latest fad for car thieves around Austin is carefully removing a steering column and taking it in to dealer to get ignition switch replaced (even with the key in it).

So I waited in the lounge for an hour and a half for a quote. Finally, the service writer and another person came in and told me they needed to speak to my wife. Now they had no way of knowing, but normally, my wife is the nicest person around. I, on the other hand, am not. But as she was reapply pissed that her car broke, I was the calm one. She believes that when she buys a car new, it should never break.

So I asked them, can you not tell me what it would cost to fix this? And I was rudely told, "about $300."

I promptly picked up my steering column, and responded by saying, "Are you f'n kidding me? I already did the hard part by removing the column!" as I walked out.

I then took the column to a local locksmith and dropped it off as I have meetings at the Capitol. I slipped off about 4:30 and mad a dash back to the locksmith between meetings. He charged me $21.65 to fix it, and no bull smack issue about title.

As it was late last night, I installed it this afternoon in about an hour. Wife is happy again, and South Point Hyundai sucks.

Originally Posted by stewie01
what's the valve cover breather hole grommit size for 01? don't have the fsm handy
I don't think FSM will give the size, but I can find a part number if that would help.

And I just ran across this in a magazine I take - Auto Restorer. Being a stamp collector as well, this is gonna cost me some $.

Name:  ForevereMuscleCarStamps-1.jpg
Views: 19
Size:  320.6 KB

Last edited by gdstock; 04-30-2013 at 09:05 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:17 PM
stewie01
Legend

I don't think FSM will give the size, but I can find a part number if that would help.
Thanks. I'm in front of a computer again, downloaded the parts manual, on page 285 I find this:

6 04556020 4 EM0 PLUG, Core, 1.25 Diameter

The picture for 6 doesn't go with the hole on the valve cover, and I looked at some 1 1/4 grommets at the parts store today, they look way too small.

One on there now is a tad small, pulled the breather to clean it up a bit and the grommet fell into the valve train, I was able to pull it easy peasy, worried it might slip off while the truck is being driven, I can't imagine that would be good.

Probably just have to measure the hole. Unless I'm looking at the wrong thing in the parts manual?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:18 PM
gdstock
Legend

I know it is tighter than heck. But 1.25" seems about right from when I replaced mine.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 PM
stewie01
Legend

I know it is tighter than heck. But 1.25" seems about right from when I replaced mine.
Ok. I'll check it out tomorrow...

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread