2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2013, 12:43 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
lmao...Golf *****.

Nope, never had an issue with it. I bet it's nasty though.

11 acres? Bring it!
I call it Whack F*** lol, when I used to play it was more like drunk Nascar with the golf carts then Whack F***, the only thing we used to keep track of was where the drink cart/girl was.

Its funny as all heck, it will pull the rope right out of your hand then it disappears into the recoil housing and then depending how it goes it might just stall or grenade.

Yep 11 acres= Campground, it takes me two-three days to cut it all with a rider with a 42" deck. Yes I need a much bigger machine one with a 70"+ deck would be nice.

Last edited by merc225hp; 05-03-2013 at 12:48 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:49 PM
Jigabop
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my riding mowers blades have hit so many rocks and tree branches and mole hills... still work just fine...every now and then I gotta take them off, sharpen them up on the bench grinder and bolt them back on. no big deal. Don't see how you guys are breaking blades unless you have a junk mower?

mine is a toro turf mower and the thing is like a brush hog haha. I run over little trees starting to grow in the lawn and sticker bushes and such...mows through all of it no prob

16HP motor on it, hydrostatic drive wheels, and a drive belt that has needed replaced for years but I keep runnin it anyway haha.

I really need a new drive belt for the blades, and need to pull the carb and clean it. only likes to run on partial choke now.

thing does reverse wheelies, donuts, and one legged burnouts like nobodies business though!

looks about like this one:

only the little flapper cover on the side of the mower deck was missing when we bought it like 15 years ago.

Last edited by Jigabop; 05-03-2013 at 12:56 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 12:59 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Break blade's I never posted that but yes I do bend them from hitting things and yes I wear them out, when you are dealing with as much grass as I am stuff happens. Most campers are pig's, I cut up everything from beer cans to underwear and yes small trees, I don't have the time to walk around and pick up all their crap they leave behind. I thought the mower was junk when we bought it from Sears but after four years of pure abuse all I have changed are blades, bash Sears mowers all you want but this one is tuff.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:00 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by merc225hp
I call it Whack F*** lol, when I used to play it was more like drunk Nascar with the golf carts then Whack F***, the only thing we used to keep track of was where the drink cart/girl was.

Its funny as all heck, it will pull the rope right out of your hand then it disappears into the recoil housing and then depending how it goes it might just stall or grenade.

Yep 11 acres= Campground, it takes me two-three days to cut it all with a rider with a 42" deck. Yes I need a much bigger machine one with a 70"+ deck would be nice.
lol

I've never, ever had an issue with my mower recoiling like that. My Briggs starts SO easy, it's almost a Honda. I love it.

Ever thought about a 45HP 4WD tractor with turf tires and a brush hog?
Originally Posted by Jigabop
my riding mowers blades have hit so many rocks and tree branches and mole hills... still work just fine...every now and then I gotta take them off, sharpen them up on the bench grinder and bolt them back on. no big deal. Don't see how you guys are breaking blades unless you have a junk mower?

mine is a toro turf mower and the thing is like a brush hog haha. I run over little trees starting to grow in the lawn and sticker bushes and such...mows through all of it no prob

16HP motor on it, hydrostatic drive wheels, and a drive belt that has needed replaced for years but I keep runnin it anyway haha.

I really need a new drive belt for the blades, and need to pull the carb and clean it. only likes to run on partial choke now.

thing does reverse wheelies, donuts, and one legged burnouts like nobodies business though!

looks about like this one:

only the little flapper cover on the side of the mower deck was missing when we bought it like 15 years ago.
Just think about how it would perform if you did maintenance work it needs.

Or maybe you should just swap the engine for a Kohler Diesel.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:09 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Ever thought about a 45HP 4WD tractor with turf tires and a brush hog?
I am inquiring about leasing one of these for this summer.

http://exmark.com/Products/Default.a...wer&Type=Specs

Old 05-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am headed back to the west side from spokane rivht now. Riding in the company truck which is a '12 crew cab Cummins Dodge. It's really nice for a work truck.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:45 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by merc225hp
I am inquiring about leasing one of these for this summer.

http://exmark.com/Products/Default.a...wer&Type=Specs
I think that's what a bunch of the larger landscape companies use. Those suckers are fast!

*edit*

Put gas in it...$41, 12.429 gal.

8.8 mpg, corrected to 9.13.

Granted, that's about 95% city, with a short 1 hour jog on the highway. Yikes.

Last edited by dodge dude94; 05-03-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2013, 04:23 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well the washing machine crapped itself today... Great

Old 05-03-2013, 04:29 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Worry about it when you get back from Carolina Rebellion.

Old 05-03-2013, 05:50 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Worry about it when you get back from Carolina Rebellion.
^lol that...

Darned Tecumseh engine... Gotta order a $25 carb kit for it cause they had to make the intake mount angle unstandard so I can't even custom make a intake for it

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread