2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2001 Dashboard Cracks

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2011 | 01:13 PM
DodgeMama78
Default huh

Originally Posted by FarmBoy428
Okay, go to LMC truck website order you a new dash, and get a carpet like cover that goes right over your dash, i think they only cost around $30-50 bucks depending on who you get it from.
i was looking on lmc and they only have dash covers not replacements...

Old 01-05-2011 | 01:20 PM
DodgeMama78

Originally Posted by eggyjla
My concern is having such a cracked dash piece where a portion of the passenger side airbag is attached to, what happens when the airbag is deployed with a cracked dash? How many pieces do you think could be thrown about the cabin space.

Dodge owners who would like the government to know about your case, they are urged to click Safercar.gov and file a complaint.
I went on safercar and did all that but I was wondering if you got any feedback on whether or not this could create a health hazard. you would think if it did that dodge would have to do something. maybe reinverse me for my new dash.... lol

Old 01-05-2011 | 01:27 PM
Adobedude
All Star

Originally Posted by DodgeMama78
I went on safercar and did all that but I was wondering if you got any feedback on whether or not this could create a health hazard. you would think if it did that dodge would have to do something. maybe reinverse me for my new dash.... lol
The cracked dash has been going on for years, numerous people have tried everything...No luck.

Frustrating huh?

Old 01-05-2011 | 01:58 PM
DodgeMama78

I don't understand how they could simply ignore this issue. Or how the government allows this to continue. The better business bureau should do something.

Old 01-05-2011 | 02:15 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by DodgeMama78
I don't understand how they could simply ignore this issue. Or how the government allows this to continue. The better business bureau should do something.
The Better Business Bureau? Are you serious? The BBB is nothing but a shakedown outfit for businesses. Pay up sucka and get a fancy sticker for your business. The BBB has about as much bite as an 80-year old man trying to gum the hell out of his dinner.

Overall, it's considered a cosmetic and not a safety issue. That's why the Government hasn't done anything. For those who know, it isn't just the trucks that suffer this fate -- it's an issue that Dodge and Chrysler badged vehicles have endured for quite some time.

Old 01-05-2011 | 04:44 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

How in the hell would this be a safety issue? Are you serious?

Old 01-05-2011 | 04:49 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
How in the hell would this be a safety issue? Are you serious?
If the passenger side airbag deploys, and tosses about chunks of dash at high velocity.... I certainly wouldn't want to be the recipient of such a gift.....

Old 01-05-2011 | 04:52 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If the passenger side airbag deploys, and tosses about chunks of dash at high velocity.... I certainly wouldn't want to be the recipient of such a gift.....
There's just no pleasing some people.

Old 01-05-2011 | 04:54 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
There's just no pleasing some people.
I know. I can be really difficult at times.... I didn't like jobs where part of the description was: "People Shoot At You." either......

Damn.

Old 01-05-2011 | 05:06 PM
outdoortoys
Amateur

I am not happy with my cracked dash and bezel but everything has a life span, my truck is pushing 12 years old and I realize that. Now if it was just 5 or 6 I might complain about it. It did make it three times the warrenty period what else should I expect?

Quick Reply: 2001 Dashboard Cracks