2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

should I get these 35's?

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 10:57 AM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdip
Fine don't believe me I don't give a flying ************!!!111!!1!1!!!!111!!

Like I said I made that post to say that stock 1500 axles will handle the 35s the OP was asking about.

I know this because I drove the **** out of my truck with 37s on it.

I jumped it too, with a 3" susp lift and 3" body lift. Not even long travel foa suspension with thousands invested in a worthless old truck.
First you stated everything held up fine and then you stated the truck fell apart after the jump because it didnt hold up from the jump? ...then you say everything was bad before the jump? I just got to say You confused the hell out me....I'm not argueing with you, just stating what you wrote and why others gave you a hard time..
Bottom line if you run anything begger than 35" tires you better drive it like and old man or you will constantly be replacing and putting things back together...37" tires on stock 1500 axles is a very weak setup...It will burn through wheel bearings and things will break more easily when offroading...thats not "holding up fine"...if its a blvd cruiser than ok....hell I have 35" tires and want to go bigger but I have 4.56 gears and dont do any rough offroading...3.55 gears with 37"s??...do you have to have someone push you to take off from stoplights or go over speedbumps? Its not a very desirable thing to have over stock....crappier ride, terrible mileage, terrible powerband, terrible stopping power,wandering steering ...weaker truck in every respect for what? to look cool in the shop parking lot? I learned the hardway and started down that path before I knew better with my jeep....Really wish someone would have given me sound advise sooner. Getting the gears swapped was the best thing I ever did for it.
Just smarter to do it right IMO.

Last edited by Augiedoggy; 07-09-2010 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2010, 12:08 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Ferd sounds like turd, get it?
How do I get Dodge and Chevrolet to sound like turd then? Oh wait....Straight pipe 'em!