2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I NEVER thought I'd say this...

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are two sets of stars. They are bleeping out F Y C. and yeah, it's pretty ugly.

http://www.autotrader.com/F Y C/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=279173549&dealer_id=65266791&c ar_year=1997&rdm=1278759433391&lastStartYear=1981& model=RAM1504WD&num_records=25&systime=&make2=&hig hlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1997&keywordsF Y C=&keywordsrep=&engine=&certified=&body_code=0&fuel =&awsp=false&search_type=used&distance=100&marketZ ipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=y&make=D ODGE&keywords_display=&color=&page_location=findac ar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_so rt=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag =1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=94904&advanced=&end _year=1997&doors=&transmission=&max_price=&cardist =33&standard=false

Just take the spaces out of it and it'll work. What does the censorship program on the site think that means anyway? eff your children?

Last edited by Sheriff420; 07-10-2010 at 07:04 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:40 AM
RM_Indy
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice clean job, I for one like it!
Layin frame & tucking is not an easy feat, especially with a Dodge Ram.
Smoothed handles w/poppers, relocated most of the wiring, fuel tank, custom bag suspension etc etc etc.

Unfortunately some members here can not appreciate the work that goes into making a custom truck unless its lifted.
Just cause it doesnt fit your wants or needs doesnt make it wrong btw

Old 07-10-2010, 10:51 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Having a truck lowered like your indy or dakotas ram looks good but dragging the frame and making it look like it's having a seizure when it hits a pebble is just wrong.

Old 07-10-2010, 11:32 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My biggest complaint on that truck would be not going with bigger rims and keeping the bumper stock and not doing something with it, its not like he took a V8 truck and made it useless he started off with a V6.....I give credit on all the fab work but take allot of points for the bumper and rims

Old 07-10-2010, 11:34 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser

I wonder what kind of work one might perform that would pay enough to do that kind of thing to a truck. It surely wasn't knowledge work!
That truck looks great! Cool, clean, and custom. Needs some paint, though.
Originally Posted by RM_Indy
Unfortunately some members here can not appreciate the work that goes into making a custom truck unless its lifted.
Just cause it doesnt fit your wants or needs doesnt make it wrong btw
True dat. There are some hard-headed ****ers on this forum.
Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Having a truck lowered like your indy or dakotas ram looks good but dragging the frame and making it look like it's having a seizure when it hits a pebble is just wrong.
I disagree. dakotas ram is ugly as sin.
The whole point of bagging is to lay door at the show and drive home layin' frame and draggin. Just because you cant go muddin with it does not mean it is not cool.

I forgot what else I was gonna say. I was drooling thinking of Purpl layin' door.

Last edited by PurplDodge; 07-10-2010 at 11:40 AM.
Old 07-10-2010, 12:16 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,268 Likes on 3,015 Posts

Erm, how can you drive that???? Does he blow a little air into the bags to get it up off the ground some? I would really hate to imagine speed bumps in that.....

Given, that IS a hell of a lot of work, and some creative engineering to get it done. The shaved handles and such is a cool feature. But, lowering just isn't my style..... My firebird got closer to the ground, (from stock) but, that was to make it handle better..... (I LOVED freeway driving in that car, it was a blast.....)

To each their own though.

Old 07-10-2010, 01:02 PM
dakotas ram
Champion

i really like it too.... its not overdone with humongous wheels or ridiculous paint....you are entitled to your opinion purpl, but i was just wonderin what you dont like about my truck?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:17 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
i really like it too.... its not overdone with humongous wheels or ridiculous paint....you are entitled to your opinion purpl, but i was just wonderin what you dont like about my truck?
Everything. Its white, the abscence of color, the grille, stick on hood vents, and the wheels, oh the wheels. I'm just saying its not my style, as I can understand why someone would say the same about my truck. Its purple with an orange grille for god sakes, but in my mind I really like it, and thats all that matters! Thanks for reckonizing that I am entilted to my own opinion, I respect that.
Does he blow a little air into the bags to get it up off the ground some? I would really hate to imagine speed bumps in that.....
Thats how baggin works. You put some air in the bags to get it off the ground so you can drive it....err you can just throw sparks!

Last edited by PurplDodge; 07-10-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 07-10-2010, 01:21 PM
dakotas ram
Champion

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
stick on hood vents,

theyre not stick on! the PO did put a couple of screws in em too thats why i havent taken em off

Old 07-10-2010, 01:23 PM
PurplDodge
Legend

Originally Posted by dakotas ram
theyre not stick on! the PO did put a couple of screws in em too thats why i havent taken em off
Did he have to do that because they flew off when you hit the warp drive?

Quick Reply: I NEVER thought I'd say this...