2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Dodge Forum Will Be Famous

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 08:20 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Shouldn't you guys be doing something more constructive, like push-ups?

Old 07-24-2010, 10:43 AM
ryan0714
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

funny thing is thats in the video aha.

and yea when i was changin bases i could of came to nellis. i almost went to creech also to work the uav's instead i choose to try out this guard/active thing. its been fun. i have decided what im finally doin when i get out next year, and im gonna become Air Traffic Control $$$.

Old 07-24-2010, 11:02 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by ryan0714
funny thing is thats in the video aha.

and yea when i was changin bases i could of came to nellis. i almost went to creech also to work the uav's instead i choose to try out this guard/active thing. its been fun. i have decided what im finally doin when i get out next year, and im gonna become Air Traffic Control $$$.
I work for the FAA and I'll give you some advice:

ATC is a high stress occupation
ATC's have a high rate of alcohol and drug abuse
ATC's have a high suicide rate

Old 07-24-2010, 11:14 AM
ryan0714
Record Breaker

i know this... but thanks for the heads up i suppose.

Old 07-24-2010, 02:14 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain

Eh, the alcohol abuse part shouldn't be a problem...he's a crew chief, lol. I spent a day up in the tower before, they looked bored out of their minds but then again while we were up there only two planes landed so there wasn't much going on, lol. I would love to cross train into ATC as well but I'm a die hard grease monkey. I can't stand sitting behind a desk too much, especially when it's a non maintenance related job. The only desk job I've had so far was dock chiefing phase for a couple months otherwise I want to turn a wrench until I can't anymore.

Old 07-25-2010, 05:25 AM
ryan0714
Record Breaker

yea.. i aint gonna waste my time on stayin in and cross-training, make more $$$ on the outside.

Old 07-25-2010, 06:29 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ryan0714
yea.. i aint gonna waste my time on stayin in and cross-training, make more $$$ on the outside.
If I'd stayed in I'd be two months from making my 30. I don't regret doing four and out. I made some record books while I was in, got selected for re-enlistment, all that happy stuff, but have never regretted the decision to separate.

I've been self-employed for a dozen years now, and for about four years total prior. If ya gots the nards, being a silly-vilian is a pretty darn good gig. If you'd rather have a steady gig, keep the boots on because there's nothing steady about working for wages these days.

That's my two cents, and if you think I owe you some change stop by and I'll pour you a double. Can't make change because I spent it all on liquor!

Old 07-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by Eric99ram
Eh, the alcohol abuse part shouldn't be a problem...he's a crew chief, lol. I spent a day up in the tower before, they looked bored out of their minds but then again while we were up there only two planes landed so there wasn't much going on, lol. I would love to cross train into ATC as well but I'm a die hard grease monkey. I can't stand sitting behind a desk too much, especially when it's a non maintenance related job. The only desk job I've had so far was dock chiefing phase for a couple months otherwise I want to turn a wrench until I can't anymore.
At any smaller airport being an ATC isn't so bad, but go someplace like New York, Chicago, Kennedy, SFO, or the like, and the stress meter will be pegged.

Don't even get me started on the goofy, wild, and weird pay rules for ATC or their snively union.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:46 AM
CPTAFW163
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mr freeze
Glad to see my tax dollars being spent so wisely on bored soldiers.By the way,there is a guy named Bin Laden that might need to be captured,Oh well.Maybe after another 3000 people die we can start another useless and unnecessary war in nation that had nothing to do with it.
WHAT? you're back at it again?

SO, I guess that AT YOUR JOB, you work 24 hours and are expected to spend all your FREE TIME thinking about your job. When Ryan is off shift he can do whatever he wants to relax.

Don't worry about Mr Freeze Ryan, his idea of fighting, and standing up for what he believes in is WRITING LETTERS to senators and congressmen. Like that is going to do anything.

He is just a guy who complains a lot but won't make one little difference in this country or the world. He is just a pebble in a pond.

--Dan

P.S. He got nuked by me not too long ago:
https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...y-truck-5.html

Old 07-25-2010, 12:53 PM
hutch311
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

People like Mr Freeze are prolly the type who dont like cops until he needs em. Which is the same additude people like him have for the military.

Good job on breaking those records!There is nothing better than a squared away crew chief!

Quick Reply: Dodge Forum Will Be Famous