2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What are my Affordable Upgrades options???

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2010, 02:33 AM
Doom07
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What are my Affordable Upgrades options???

My Dodge Ram already has a 3" Cat exhaust, a 3" lift, over sized tires, New cd player, and cold air intake. It is still mostly stock...5.9L w/ 2 brl Holley. I recently flushed the radiator and noticed it runs way cooler, also replace all cooling hoses. What is affordable and what are my options to gain power and performance. So what did you put in ur truck and recommend. I figure its best to ask the experts then believe every guy who trys to sell me an upgrade. Thanks you guys!

Old 07-28-2010, 08:54 AM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 22 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome to DF!

First of all, you don't have a 2 barrel anything. These trucks do not have a carburetor, they are fuel injected. Our throttle body just looks similar to a carb.

Affordable is a variable word. To some guys on here, $1000 would be an affordable price tag. To me, that is not. How much money are you looking to spend?

Personally, if you have a tight budget, I'd just save it for now. If he has stock gears with that lift and tires, you may be getting a new transmission/rebuild here soon. Any more info about the truck, like whats been done to it or what the factory options are?

Old 07-28-2010, 10:13 AM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

poor man TB it's FREE!!!!

at the least cut your air horns try to port to

here mine https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...or-man-tb.html

Old 07-28-2010, 10:51 AM
carrayz

the best and affordable upgrade i have is a cold air intake.there are many to choose from and prices very

Old 07-28-2010, 04:56 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by jasonw
Welcome to DF!

Affordable is a variable word. To some guys on here, $1000 would be an affordable price tag. To me, that is not. How much money are you looking to spend?

Personally, if you have a tight budget, I'd just save it for now. If he has stock gears with that lift and tires, you may be getting a new transmission/rebuild here soon. Any more info about the truck, like whats been done to it or what the factory options are?

Truer words and sage advice could not be spoken nor need repeated.

I will add though, that a bit a focus when asking for advice is more helpful. Of course everyone wants thier truck to bigger/lower faster flashier, but if you have budget then you have to decide where to start and what you'll do after you finish that area.
Or you can go insane and try the shotgun approach...

Last edited by dsertdog56; 07-28-2010 at 05:07 PM.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:08 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would 1st spend the money on a tuner , these motors are really de-tuned.

but before that make sure you have all good fluids and tune up and up on maintiance.

Old 07-28-2010, 08:09 PM
jhammond_82
Rookie

i have a jet performance module on my ecu, and i can tell a significant difference. its the stage 2. i think they are around $269 or so? its my brothers, so i'm just borrowing it for now. but, a tuner, from what i read is well worth the money spent.

Old 07-29-2010, 05:52 AM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

Originally Posted by jhammond_82
i have a jet performance module on my ecu, and i can tell a significant difference. its the stage 2. i think they are around $269 or so? its my brothers, so i'm just borrowing it for now. but, a tuner, from what i read is well worth the money spent.
Dont buy a Jet Performance module... Just saying because Ive been told they give our trucks problems(I was looking into buying one until I heard about the SCT by Hemifever)

https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...am-1500-a.html

Quick Reply: What are my Affordable Upgrades options???