2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My 5.9 is dead... :(

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well that sucks, what insurance company do you have?
Are you going to try to buy it from the insurance company so you can salvage some parts like the axles with the 4.10 gears in them to put on another ram?

Old 08-07-2010, 05:52 AM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Well that sucks, what insurance company do you have?
Are you going to try to buy it from the insurance company so you can salvage some parts like the axles with the 4.10 gears in them to put on another ram?
USAA

I would love to salvage those axels. I think we may because I guess it will go to auction, and can probably get it for a steal. But, I dont know if we can do that and get the money they owe use for not totaling the truck in the first place.

Old 08-07-2010, 06:01 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

That's my insurance too, I'm surprised you're having issues with them.

I believe you can get it for just a little over salvage value before it goes to auction and still get most of the totaled out payout from it.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:00 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I don't have insurance with them, but everybody I know with USAA raves about how good they are.

Well that sucks. Might be time to question an attorney about what you can do in fighting your insurance company. Many lawyers will give you a first consultation for free. I don't know what your rights are out there, but they would.

Hope you can at least pick up that truck from your mechanic. Divorce is a b*tch, been there, done that, but I bought my Grand Cherokee from a woman going through a divorce and nailed it for $5000 under KBB. It kinda sucks to take advantage of the misfortunes of others but you might be able to get it for a really good deal.

Oh, and if you are gonna venture off-road anymore, get yourself a winch! They have come down so far in price anymore that there is really no excuse not to have one. I see a good tree in that pic right on the other side of the stream you coulda hooked to and been out in minutes!!!

Old 08-07-2010, 07:05 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
It kinda sucks to take advantage of the misfortunes of others but you might be able to get it for a really good deal.
I don't see it that way. Someone needs money and I'm happy to help if they have something I want. The guy that I got my SKS from has been trying to get me to sell it back to him and I just can't part with it because I got a good deal on it.

Old 08-07-2010, 08:05 AM
SplatSTi
Professional

SKS? dude, they are a nice plinker and all, but still, there are much better hardware out there, I got rid of mine and got a mac90. I got rid of that too and bought an ar15 lol. The only toy that I keep that is semi from that side of the world now is a PSL, now THAT is some fun!

Old 08-07-2010, 08:19 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I've got SKSs, AKs, Mini 14s and Mini 30s. Sold both of the ARs I had. Unreliable, aluminum crap IMO...

Drop a Kalashnakov, Simonov or a John Garand designed action in the muck while out hog huntin' and then drop you your AR in the muck. Let a little bit of mud get into the action. Then goe see which one DOESN'T function...

ARs are great, AS LONG as you don't let 'em get dirty and don't let 'em get hot. Once either of that happens, you're done shooting for the day...

Last edited by HammerZ71; 08-07-2010 at 08:26 AM.
Old 08-07-2010, 10:41 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

AR15- 1000.00 to 1500.00 bucks.......

SKS- under 200.00.....

AK- about the same as the SKS......

I love my SKS. With my scope, I can do consistent bullseyes out to about 150 meters all day long. Not that I ever see a need to hit anything at that long of range. I used it mostly for bagging woodchucks out my bathroom window. Those guys do a real number on barns floors, and foundations........

Old 08-07-2010, 01:29 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator

I deer hunt with my Mini-30 regularly. About the only place I'll take my 30-06 is if we are setting up over farm fields where it's possible to have a couple hundred yard shot. For the heavy woods of south Georgia, I can't remember the last time I took a shot over 75 yards. The 7.62 x 39 is a great round for shorter shots in heavy brush.

It's also my "go-to" hog gun where most shots are in the 40 yard range...

Old 08-07-2010, 02:15 PM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

Originally Posted by HammerZ71
I don't have insurance with them, but everybody I know with USAA raves about how good they are.

Well that sucks. Might be time to question an attorney about what you can do in fighting your insurance company. Many lawyers will give you a first consultation for free. I don't know what your rights are out there, but they would.

Hope you can at least pick up that truck from your mechanic. Divorce is a b*tch, been there, done that, but I bought my Grand Cherokee from a woman going through a divorce and nailed it for $5000 under KBB. It kinda sucks to take advantage of the misfortunes of others but you might be able to get it for a really good deal.

Oh, and if you are gonna venture off-road anymore, get yourself a winch! They have come down so far in price anymore that there is really no excuse not to have one. I see a good tree in that pic right on the other side of the stream you coulda hooked to and been out in minutes!!!
Theyve been very good before this past summer(we got work done on our house and went throught the "approved" contractor and they didnt know left from right. lol) and then with our other truck wanted to give us seriously $6000 for a $15000 truck private. Appearently they think we are stupid or somethin...

Well, if they dont work with us, we're gonna do that and probably get one. They messed up from the beginning, its not our fault they decided to not total the truck and put the money they did put in it before they got to this point. I mean shot, Id settle for $7500-$8000 and drop everything and go on like nothing happened. And leave this behind.

Yea, we wanna help the guy. Real nice guy with a couple kids. Shoot, he really likes my truck lol.. I mean its only $5500 and under 100XXX if I remember correctly. Oh, and it also has a winch!! lol

Guns huh? lol jk I really dont care. But, I do want to get myself an AK. I think itd be sweet haha

Quick Reply: My 5.9 is dead... :(