2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Playin with Plasti-dip (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2010, 08:05 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the only part thats going to suck is that youre gonna have to paint them again when you get new tires. you painted over the weights and when they remove them there is gonna be some chrome showing.

they do look great though. how did you go about prepping the wheels?

Old 09-25-2010, 08:28 PM
tneville
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
the only part thats going to suck is that youre gonna have to paint them again when you get new tires. you painted over the weights and when they remove them there is gonna be some chrome showing.

they do look great though. how did you go about prepping the wheels?
Prepping took the most time out of it all. I used carb cleaner with a brillo pad to get all the flaky silver off. Then used this green cleaner stuff (i think its called simple green)after to make sure the tires were completely clean. For the caps i just let them soak in the green while I scrubbed the rims, then wiped em down.
Good call on the weights, I was thinking about that when I was painting it but the thought process didnt go very far. I have an extra can I will use when the time comes. Does kinda suck though.

Old 09-25-2010, 08:41 PM
lord0fsal3m
Captain
Lightbulb

where do you buy that stuff? been thinking about doing my gf's eclipse.

i just put D/S rotors on it, painted the calipers red, used the VHT nightshade (great product) on the tail lights, 3rd brake, sidemarker/reverse lights, fog lights and front turn signals. and painted 2 pieces under the turn sidnals black. it looks really sharp

Old 09-26-2010, 12:20 AM
tneville
Professional

I got it at home-depot. It was only 5.98 a can, very cheap in my opinion for stuff this good.

Quick Reply: Playin with Plasti-dip (pics)