2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

New Spyder Halo Headlights - Pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2010, 07:13 PM
lukeca
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New Spyder Halo Headlights - Pics

Replaced the old yellow headlights with a set of these new Spyder headlights, I think they look really nice, here is some pics if you wanted to see what they look like. Model number is PRO-YD-DR94-HL-AM-C

Oh and a tip, check your factory wiring compared to the headlights, the headlights seem to be wired for a newer model, on my 95 I had to switch the position of the ground and high beams to match the factory wiring.

Old 12-11-2010, 07:24 PM
bardram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Im usually not a big fan of lights like that, I think they look too "ricer" for a truck, but those look really nice! And I definitely like that paint job.

Old 12-12-2010, 08:14 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

That first picture is pretty awesome.
How do you like the light pattern they put out?

I'm digging the paint job too, is the black only on the hood?

Old 12-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Where did you buy these lights?

Old 12-12-2010, 12:42 PM
lukeca
Professional

Thanks guys,

I like the light pattern, I don't really notice much difference from the stock lights, maybe a little brighter since the plastic is clear now and not all yellow and cloudy. The black goes all along the side of the truck, and it's along the bottom too, with the red in the middle. They are not HID lights or anything, just standard halogen.

I got the lights from autoanything.com, on black friday they had 15% off everything and free shipping. Ordered some rotors and pads for my wife's car too, so the 15% off worked out pretty good for me. Actually they still have the 15% off right now...

Old 12-12-2010, 11:51 PM
joshsbetterhalf
Professional

Dang. Those look amazing. I've got some lens restorer I'm gonna try first but if it doesn't work, I know what I'm getting!

Old 12-13-2010, 12:09 AM
redheadhunter21
Champion

Looks good...did you wire the halo's into the parking lights

Old 12-13-2010, 08:44 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by lukeca
Thanks guys,

I like the light pattern, I don't really notice much difference from the stock lights, maybe a little brighter since the plastic is clear now and not all yellow and cloudy. The black goes all along the side of the truck, and it's along the bottom too, with the red in the middle. They are not HID lights or anything, just standard halogen.

I got the lights from autoanything.com, on black friday they had 15% off everything and free shipping. Ordered some rotors and pads for my wife's car too, so the 15% off worked out pretty good for me. Actually they still have the 15% off right now...

Cool beans. How well do they work at night? Are the instructions clear and precise? These might be a worthy upgrade as I'm planning to redo my truck from front to back.

Old 12-13-2010, 11:42 AM
lukeca
Professional

Yep I wired the halo's into the parking lights

I was surprised to find that they actually come with no instructions, spyder has a youtube channel where they have some installation videos, so I watched the one they had for dodge, but it was a 3rd gen, but then I found another youtube video of someone replacing the lights on a 2nd gen.

I ran into three main issues, first I got the old headlight out without removing the bumper, but I couldn't get the new headlight in, but instead of removing the whole bumper (I didn't know how heavy it was and I was by myself), I was able to just remove the black plastic trim piece and that was enough room to get the new headlight in.

Second, at first the brights wouldn't work and the brights indicator was always on. In the connector from the headlights I just had to change the position of the blue and black wires, I could see the way they were wired didn't match the truck. Inside the harness for the headlights you can just push down on this little tab on the pin and it will slide out of the harness so it is easy to switch them around.

Third, when I first put the headlights in they looked really weird and were sticking out the sides (actually the second two pics are from before I adjusted them), but I found that there are two adjustment screws, one for vertical and one for horizontal. So you can adjust the angle of the headlights to get them pointed correctly and to make them fit properly.

Old 12-13-2010, 12:08 PM
TheBigRedOne

You should get us some output shots up against a wall, so we can see the cutoff. Looks good.

Quick Reply: New Spyder Halo Headlights - Pics