2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Video " Sunfire stuck in the icy Mud?"

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2010, 02:31 PM
ferguson30
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got some good stories from plowing. People turn to idiots when there is snow on the ground I swear. Same day as previous story, stopped to pull a guy out, and somebody else came up alongside, and I told him to wait, and I'd go ahead of him cause the road was drifted shut. Started to hook up, and next thing I know he drives past me, goes about fifty feet and buries it in the drift. Would have left him, except he was right in the middle of the road, and I couldn't plow around him.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:04 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah I see nothing wrong with how you pulled the sunfire out you were slipping quite a bit anyways, and if worse came to worse the car was gonna break before the truck, and I too am surprised he made it that far through the mud on the side, dumbas$ should learn to keep it on the paved road

Old 12-15-2010, 11:04 PM
Pacmanloads
Captain

[QUOTEYeah I see nothing wrong with how you pulled the sunfire out you were slipping quite a bit anyways, and if worse came to worse the car was gonna break before the truck, and I too am surprised he made it that far through the mud on the side, dumbas$ should learn to keep it on the paved road
__________________][/QUOTE]

I told him i would only pull him if we used my strap with no hooks on it and if he wrapped it around the axle . Before I pulled him I double checked to make sure it was completely wrapped around the axle . The only thing that could have made the video any better was for the axle to come completely off. I wasn't worried about the short running start because traction was at a minimum because of the ice . Gave a pretty good pull despite the Ice and only in 2wd .

Old 12-16-2010, 08:57 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Pacman, I watched the video first and thought "man that was a hard tug to get it moving" then I read the post and realized that you didn't care about the car because the owner was an idiot.

Snow is rare around here. Ice, not so much. The only time I've ever stopped to help a stranger with my truck was a guy on the side of the road just a spinning the tires in a neon and going nowhere in the packed snow/ice. So I stopped on the solid ice on the road and offered to help and he thanked me and told me that his house was just at the top of the hill from where he was stuck at. I was thinking that he just slid off the road when I stopped and didn't know that his house was right there but I helped anyway. So as I was hooking up his 4 or 5 year old was rambling like they tend to do and he said, "He's got a Dodge and it'll pull us anywhere we need to go". Anyway, I hooked up and started to pull him up the hill (about 21º grade) and saw in the mirror that he had the brakes on and just smiled as I putted up the hill pulling about 1500 rpms. It didn't even feel like there was anything behind me.

Old 12-16-2010, 11:33 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

One morning on my way to work, (35 mile commute on secondary roads) we had gotten almost a foot of snow, followed by freezing rain.... (in all reality, I should have stayed home...... but, I was dedicated. ) One stretch of road, bout a quarter of a mile long, runs thru the upper corner of one county, and they do not maintain it, at all..... as I came around a corner on approach to that stretch, I suddenly felt as if I was in some giant kids back yard, and he had just scattered his toys about randomly. There were at least two dozen cars of various descriptions, assorted distances off the roadway. I had to stop, and recover myself I was laughing so hard. Being the nice guy that I am........ I had a 4x4 at the time, (not my dodge though) and recovery equipment..... So, I spent the next five hours pulling cars of snow banks. What was pretty funny was, I would pull a couple out, look back to area I had "cleared", only to find another victim or two to pull out..... The gift that kept on giving.

In the end, I never did get to work. I did, however, make almost a grand pulling folks out...... more than I would make in a week at work.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i would have had him give me $20 bucks then i would have pulled the same way.

i had my buddy get stuck in his 94 Nissan 4x4 last winter, i hooked to his bumper (had no hooks and frame was cracked lol) backed right up to him, and gunned it.....well the bumper looks like a pretzel now......

way i see it is, if you need my help, then im going to yank you out the way i see fit, since im taking my time to get you out.....just my OPINION

Old 12-17-2010, 10:00 AM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vO1jsO9MrnM I think I woulda liked to have seen this

Old 12-17-2010, 10:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,197 Likes on 2,949 Posts

Brilliant!!!! I know, lets pull the stuck car DEEPER into the snow!!!!

There's a couple thousand dollars worth of damage........ wonder if he has good insurance......

Old 12-17-2010, 10:38 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^Little **** box ain't worth it.
Its like, a Geo or something.
I wanna know what he attached the strap to.

Old 12-17-2010, 01:53 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, yer still stuck in the snow but we got the trunk open for ya!

Quick Reply: Video " Sunfire stuck in the icy Mud?"