2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Summit Racing?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2011, 12:24 AM
Ramonator44
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gerehead8
Doing what? That's amazing money.

Good luck with the project and have fun. I wouldn't have listened to me back then either, lol.
putting in guard rail on highways and interstates... and its not that im not listening to you. i understand completely what your saying but the truck has sentimental value as well and ik these mods can be that much money or more but all the bolt ons from summit are a really great price, and ik ill still be spending a good chunk of change not near 1500 tho.. but i think its justified i love the truck i will have it for a long time and its still going to get on it alot better then it would now. and after you do work like that on a car or truck it becomes more then just car or truck to the owner.

Old 03-11-2011, 07:55 AM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

Originally Posted by Ramonator44
putting in guard rail on highways and interstates... and its not that im not listening to you. i understand completely what your saying but the truck has sentimental value as well and ik these mods can be that much money or more but all the bolt ons from summit are a really great price, and ik ill still be spending a good chunk of change not near 1500 tho.. but i think its justified i love the truck i will have it for a long time and its still going to get on it alot better then it would now. and after you do work like that on a car or truck it becomes more then just car or truck to the owner.
Thats why I call my truck my 3rd child lol

Old 03-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Ramonator44
Rookie

lol yeah my buddy has a pontiac GTP and hes done all kinds of work to it and its just an amazing looking car and i swear he will prob marry that car lol.. its a bit ridiculous lol but its a sweet car and fast

Old 03-13-2011, 11:14 AM
97Rampowerhouse
Captain

[quote=Ramonator44;2443904]lol yeah my buddy has a pontiac GTP and hes done all kinds of work to it and its just an amazing looking car and i swear he will prob marry that car lol.. its a bit ridiculous lol but its a sweet car and fast[/qoute

What year GTP? My wife has a 04 GTP I love it, We are actually in the process of looking at a Pontiac G8. Those G8's bust some *** now!

Old 03-13-2011, 05:04 PM
Ramonator44
Rookie

im pretty sure his is a 04 also

Old 03-13-2011, 05:08 PM
Ramonator44
Rookie

Last edited by Ramonator44; 03-13-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 01:46 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got alot of money in my ram... still got more to spend.. gotta get rid of the fan and put electric fans in.. and so on ill get her done one day.. also gonna get that 600 intake manafold and eventually a supercharger.. slowly but surely putting more parts in her... my 0-60 is good like 7 seconds. and idk wut kind of power i got but ill be getting a dyno soon enough mods listed in my signature

Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pcfixerpro
All depends on what your buying. summit rebranded k&n just came in a plane jane box for less $. summit headers get the job done, but expect rust. A friend has had bad luck with two of there coils, but... the spark box works good I guess. For the most part, I don't think you can go wrong.
If you are referring to me they were Mallory coils. I guess the spark box works lol, there's not really a way to test it that I know of. For all i know it don't do a damn thing. They put the little red light in it to make you think it's doing something LOL

Can't say much about the parts. I love shopping through them though. Yeah they might be a little higher in price on some things but the customer service has always been great for me. That and they sell pretty much everything you'd need. I admit I don't buy everything from them but the stuff I had problems with they were great with replacing

Quick Reply: Summit Racing?