2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2000 Ram Sport Bull Bar??

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 03:17 AM
buko91
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Ram Sport Bull Bar??

I finally figured out what I wanted to do to my Dodge, put a bull bar on it. I was so excited to get one then I dug further into the topic and found out that bull bars do not fit on 99-01 dodge ram sport models because of the front bumper is different. I was so disappointed when i found this out because i really wanted one. So i guess my questions are:
-Is there a bullbar that WILL fit this particular model?
-Are there any modifications that can be done to make this bar work (other than cutting into the front bumper)?
-Can the mounting plates on the bar be extended to fit this model?

I REALLY want to put a bull bar on my truck so Your answers are greatly appreciated.
-Thanks

Old 03-16-2011, 06:34 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Yes, you can put one of these on your Sport:

Old 03-16-2011, 12:35 PM
ColoradoRamLover
Veteran

You can put one on. I have a grille guard Im gonna put on mine after I get my truck repainted. You may to cut some of your bumper to make it fit. But thats it.

Old 03-16-2011, 01:13 PM
tneville
Professional

I did some looking into this a while ago and the only ones ive found have been a custom job. I wouldn't mind having one either

Old 03-16-2011, 04:38 PM
Kicker36
Rookie

I found my grille guard about a year ago on ebay made for the sport model, didn't have to cut the bumper at all, and I think I remember seeing bull bars made for the sport as well, when I get back home tonight I'll see if I can find anything and post again

Old 03-16-2011, 06:05 PM
TheBigRedOne

I would steer far clear of any front frame attachments if I were you. All they will do is badly damage the end of your frame and possibly the grille/radiator as well in an accident. Not to mention they look horrible imo.

Old 03-16-2011, 06:43 PM
buko91

Originally Posted by Kicker36
I found my grille guard about a year ago on ebay made for the sport model, didn't have to cut the bumper at all, and I think I remember seeing bull bars made for the sport as well, when I get back home tonight I'll see if I can find anything and post again
Really?? That would be awesome. Please send me a link

Old 03-17-2011, 12:26 AM
Kicker36
Rookie

well unfortunately I don't see what I thought I remembered seeing on ebay, all the bull bars are for non sport. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...ht_8194wt_1166 is the grille guard i bought, i know its not what you're looking for, but its an option that doesn't require cutting.

Also, I have no idea about this at all, maybe someone else can help but I did stumble across this bull bar that claims to be for sport models only http://www.etrailer.com/gguard-1999_...l=-sf-Bull_Bar but it is more expensive than any other bull bar I've seen

Old 03-17-2011, 05:49 PM
buko91

well unfortunately I don't see what I thought I remembered seeing on ebay, all the bull bars are for non sport. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1999-...ht_8194wt_1166 is the grille guard i bought, i know its not what you're looking for, but its an option that doesn't require cutting.

Also, I have no idea about this at all, maybe someone else can help but I did stumble across this bull bar that claims to be for sport models only http://www.etrailer.com/gguard-1999_...l=-sf-Bull_Bar but it is more expensive than any other bull bar I've seen
Thank you very much sir. I think im either going to get a bull bar and just modify the mounting brackets so it fits or buy this grille guard that you mentioned.

Old 09-18-2011, 12:39 PM
formerkingoftheroad1999

That looks awesome!

Quick Reply: 2000 Ram Sport Bull Bar??