2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Connection Resets trying to view forums. Anyone else?

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 10:07 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts
Default Connection Resets trying to view forums. Anyone else?

I see this on a regular basis, and have to reload several times to get the page to show back up, the error is always Connection Reset by Server. This is the only site that really appears to be having the trouble, I have several other tabs open, and they all work fine.

Is it just me? Or is anyone else seeing this behavior as well?

Old 05-10-2011, 10:44 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i have been having that problem on and off for a while now. some days things just seem to take forever to load. i found this when DF seemed to be completely down
http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.c...odge-ram-20/om

Old 05-11-2011, 12:14 AM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I keep seeing a never-ending load -- the page renders, but never finishes and my network utilization runs over 1Mb/S until I close the browser completely. Just closing the tab doesn't work so it seems that some scroungy javascript is involved. Most of the time it's the index page of the General Discussion forum that gets me.

Other times, submitted posts/comments don't go anywhere and the connection resets. It just happened when I tried to submit this reply.

Essentially, vBulletin sucks but not in a good way. Every damned time I turn around I'm looking at its source code wondering, "Why aren't these PHP clowns thinking?". That's how I get to spend my day tomorrow, so I'm sure to be in a foul mood by the time it's over.

Did I mention that vBulletin sucks? Why no, I don't think I did. vBulletin sucks!!

Old 05-11-2011, 10:50 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

I am getting the same thing today. Makes the forums pretty much useless. I have to reload the page half a dozen times to get it to actually load. Trying to actually post is a real exercise....... rather frustrating.

Do any of the powers that be know what's going on? Or if it is possible to fix it??

Old 05-11-2011, 10:58 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was wondering why I was having problems today.
I thought it was my router/pc. Not now.
Mine just flat doesn't load.

Old 05-11-2011, 01:31 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been having problems the past 2 days, but it would just say no connection almost like I had no internet so I figured it was just my POS labtop

Quick Reply: Connection Resets trying to view forums. Anyone else?