2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

ordered my spectre intake

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 12:05 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lastrights
i ran open throttle body and it doesnt have a sound really the round setup makes it suck with a valcuum . open throttle body dont have a vacuum so it dont have much of a sound . Just my .02
oh id figured it was basically the same sound.. well i think ill be happy with the spectre maybe down the road ill try out the 14x3 but with this weather being as hot as its been it be nice to get as much cold air as possible.. i hate how my truck performs on extremly hot days..

Old 05-13-2011, 12:06 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

yo lastrights... you need to change ur signature.. u have the k&n drop in.. just i dont think thats considered a cai... lol i would of put 14x3 with k&n drop in.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:15 AM
RamSport97
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hate to tell you but that spectre won't be any cooler than a 14x3. The stock intake pulls in cooler air than a spectre. I hooked up my Scangauge2 to my buddies SS/T with a spectre and it showed the factory intake was about 15 degrees cooler with the ambient temp around 90. When your sitting in traffic it can get 20 degrees hotter than the factory setup. Spectre should really do away with the aluminum tubing and exposed filter if they want cooler air.

For what its worth- the 14x3 is only 12 degrees hotter at 45 mph, and 25 degrees hotter at idle, compared o the factory setup.

Silver Dodge might chime in here and explain how cooler air really doesn't do much for our trucks as they rely on Manifold Absolute Pressure instead of a Mass Air Flow system.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:16 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

tell ya the truth my cai brought in heat too. its not much of a difference .. if you move the iac which alot of people do the computer wuill think its colder and run better .. so it wont be a loss just check out this intake if ya dont like it sell on craigslist and get the round . good luck though.
im curious too know about the pullies you have, too know if there more noticeable power.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:23 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

thanks.. now you tell me haha.. well its already been ordered. and i was gonna buy the 14x3 but there was some problems.and i needed an intake so i ordered the spectre.. im sure with a few modifications to the spectre ill be happy with it.. thinking of doing away with the metal tube and completly seaing up the box.. and running my own. ram air induction somehow.. lol

Old 05-13-2011, 12:27 AM
RamSport97
Record Breaker

Where did you order it from? Summit? Put it on, see if you like it, if you don't, immediately put it back in the box and ship it back. Go down to Advance or Autozone and get an Edelbrock 14x3 and K&N filter or AEM dryflow.

Old 05-13-2011, 12:28 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

Originally Posted by lastrights
tell ya the truth my cai brought in heat too. its not much of a difference .. if you move the iac which alot of people do the computer wuill think its colder and run better .. so it wont be a loss just check out this intake if ya dont like it sell on craigslist and get the round . good luck though.
im curious too know about the pullies you have, too know if there more noticeable power.

ya i understand that theres gonna be some hot air.. its all good i just figured it give the spectre a try. and see how it does alot of people got them and like them. and ive had a few buddys that had rams with them and they liked it.. so my turn my buddys 5.9 out ran his buddys 5.9 same size truck same tires one with k&n and the other with spectre.. only 20,000 mile difference on motor's and the one with 20,000 more miles won.. both trucks were identical just diff intakes.. i know no 2 rams are the same and it also depends on the driver.. but they also ran more than once.. all with same outcome.. as for the pulleys i will sure let u know about if there was a increase

Old 05-13-2011, 12:29 AM
dodgeman2289
Captain

Originally Posted by RamSport97
Where did you order it from? Summit? Put it on, see if you like it, if you don't, immediately put it back in the box and ship it back. Go down to Advance or Autozone and get an Edelbrock 14x3 and K&N filter or AEM dryflow.
ya ill give it a shot..i got from amazon as they were alittle cheaper.

Old 05-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Dycrow27
Veteran

I got a AEM Brute Force and i Love the sound that it makes. I never hear of anyone having a AEM CAI is this because there bad?

Old 05-13-2011, 10:41 AM
evanboothe

I just bought one of these for my truck about a week ago i love it ha

Quick Reply: ordered my spectre intake