2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

I'm buying a house!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2011, 09:15 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that a metal roof is the way to go. It all comes down to being able to afford it "now" though. That's the reason people think in the short term. Would you rather spend the money on a roof and have something or spend time saving money for the more expensive (but better) option and possibly have damage caused to your house and valuables. Well that and some are just cheap

Old 05-19-2011, 09:48 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,383 Likes on 3,123 Posts

Also gotta look at if you are going to hang on to the investment long enough for it to pay off.... If you plan on selling in five, ten, or even 15 years, the additional cost is not justified.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:57 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by BlueBeast2
I agree that a metal roof is the way to go. It all comes down to being able to afford it "now" though. That's the reason people think in the short term. Would you rather spend the money on a roof and have something or spend time saving money for the more expensive (but better) option and possibly have damage caused to your house and valuables. Well that and some are just cheap
Therein lies the problem with most people and why they never get ahead financially.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Also gotta look at if you are going to hang on to the investment long enough for it to pay off.... If you plan on selling in five, ten, or even 15 years, the additional cost is not justified.
I would argue against that if the plan would be to move after 5 years because the metal roof would actually help with the house's resale value rather than hinder it.

Old 05-19-2011, 10:03 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Therein lies the problem with most people and why they never get ahead financially.

I would argue against that if the plan would be to move after 5 years because the metal roof would actually help with the house's resale value rather than hinder it.
That's true, it would help. However, very seldom, if ever... does an upgrade like that pay for itself at resale time.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:32 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion

so to update y'all I've been waiting on the seller to get paperwork back. I guess in all the emailing back and forth some stuff was missed so they had to resend crap a couple times. I am supposed to meet my Realtor Monday (today) around lunch time to sign some stuff. The other day he mentioned just needing to initial 2 papers but not sure if beings we are moving forward with everything if it will be more now or not. I'm looking forward to getting in there and working on it.

Was gonna steal the pic of it off realtor.com but it seems to have been removed from the site. I guess that's a good sign ha ha

Old 05-23-2011, 03:31 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Signed like 2 papers and initialed a couple others where the price had changed. Now just waiting on the mortage company to call and get everything rolling on that end. He said we are officially "under contract" now.

I was able to find this page not sure how long it will be up though. I'll still do a video at some point when I get the keys

http://www.trulia.com/homes/Pennsylv...sburg-PA-19365

Old 05-23-2011, 04:03 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Wow, pretty cool. Thought the interior decorating looks like it is right out of the 70's. Nice garage too...... nicely secluded. I think yer gonna like it.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:50 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Wanna buy a hedge trimmer and mower? You're gonna need 'em.

Old 05-23-2011, 05:36 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice house, looks like you can have some fun with it to

Old 05-23-2011, 05:44 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion

Already looking for a mower. Was trying to get a JD X585 on ebay but didn't win

Quick Reply: I'm buying a house!!