2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Strange Revving in Neutral/Park?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 03:50 PM
canela
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The trick with the warranties with deductibles is, don't just bring it in for ONE issue. Have a laundry list. Go over the truck with a fine-toothed comb, and get everything they will cover fixed, all at once. That way, you only pay the deductible once.
Oh yeah. In fact, I'd let this go if it wasn't being so hard on my transmission. When it was just hunting for RPMs at idle in park, I didn't worry about it. The lack of OD, and occasional difficulty in getting to 3rd sometimes is enough to make me act. I think it also needs a fuel pressure regulator...when that comes time it WILL go to the dealer for cost effectiveness!

Old 07-14-2011, 09:57 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by canela
Nice! LOL... The crazy thing is, this particular dealer (at least in the service department) should know I'm not an idiot to that degree - I'm on a first name basis with most of the parts guys thanks to my Focus. However, they DON'T know I was a heavy duty diesel mechanic for a trucking company for a while (which it's been ages since I seriously dabbled in gasoline engines - since I had my '98 Dakota)...but you'd think when I walk in quoting torque curves and horsepower ratings and commonly failed parts on not only the truck I'm buying, but the Ford Powerstroke trucks they wanted to sell me...one would assume I'm not the typical customer.
Ahhaha.
Thats great.
Don't ya just love the looks on their faces.
Around here, I get a blank look when I say "360".

Old 07-14-2011, 10:31 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

a bad TPS can cause surging idle/bouncing, up to 1500 rpm. mine did that a couple of years ago. it can also cause stalling.

a bad IAC can cause a too high or too low idle, also including stalling.

Quick Reply: Strange Revving in Neutral/Park?