2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

looking to upgrade maybe ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 06:55 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default looking to upgrade maybe ?

hey guys im looking at a 2007 jeep cherokee is this a good deal ? it has a hemi. not sure what rear end ? is there a good decent amout of mods to do to it ? http://www.micksnorthhillschryslerje...d66ac34a0c.htm

just not feeling the ram anymore looking to get rid of it, hasnt had tranny or rear or motor done yet doing good with the milage. thinking of getting something new befiore i have to do a big repair and sell it while its in a working condition .

the ram has 148xx with 5.9 with some bolt ons like longtubes and intake manifold and what not i need something up to date and mopre room. shoud i keep looking around ?

Old 07-20-2011, 07:27 PM
sk8erdude
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its got duals....

buy it! lol

Old 07-20-2011, 07:35 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

Ya has cat back . Sounds sweet has flowmastwr 50 looks like when I went under it

Old 07-20-2011, 11:02 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think you should give me your headlights and hood off your truck!!

That jeeps looks good I bet it runs good to.

Old 07-21-2011, 12:33 AM
Mopar Mike
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My Mom's been in the Market for a Jeep Grand Cherokee as well. They will flat out fly with the HEMI. I would try to talk them down. I think $19k is a little high on it, I would shoot for around $16 or $17k. Then it would be a good deal.

We would have our Jeep already, but my mom is really picky, and will only take one if it's a 05 or up, with the HEMI, 4-Lo, and It has to be either Red, or White. So we haven't found one yet with low miles, so she's finally just going to wait, and buy a brand new one, in the next few months I think.

But yeah, great choice if you decide to go with it. I love Grand Cherokees. Especially that body style, with the HEMI.

Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion

ya well if i trade it in im taking the hood and putting the stock back on. and if anyone in PA wants to swap parts let me know i didnt keep any stock lights or throttle body or my rockers or anything. prob will keep the intake manifold on though cvause thats a PITA to take off and on .

Last edited by lastrights; 07-21-2011 at 08:40 AM.
Old 07-21-2011, 12:37 PM
BigRedRam95
Record Breaker
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would do some part swaping with you I live in just out of Morgantown WV. You live near Pittsburgh right.

Old 07-21-2011, 09:37 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion

im actaully considering getting a 2010 gti for milage and keep the truck for fun . or get the jeep

Old 07-21-2011, 09:59 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I've had four Grand Cherokees, the first three were the ex's daily drivers and now I have an '02 Overland that is my DD.

I think my WJ will be my last though, prolly do a Wrangler Unlimited when I wear this on out. Kinda didn't like that they went to IFS instead of the SFA with the '05s and on.
Other than that, solid vehicle. Power train wise they rock, very few issues, but the "extras" are very problematic and costly to repair. The higher end the model, the more luxury gadgets there are to go bad.
I've had to tear my dash out to replace the blend doors as the top of the line Overland has dual climate, have had to replace to window regulators, the heated leather seats never have worked and my clock spring is currently bye-bye, so no air bags till I get a steering wheel puller and replace it.
But engine, tranny, axles, lockers (Overland has lockers front & rear in SFA models), transfer case, etc. have never had an issue. Fixin' to hit 100k miles in a week or so...

Name:  100_0147.jpg
Views: 20
Size:  128.9 KB

Last edited by HammerZ71; 07-21-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Quick Reply: looking to upgrade maybe ?