2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

46re overdrive unit HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011 | 01:13 AM
cruise0816
|
Angry 46re overdrive unit HELP

i have a 96 ram 1500 slt 2wd with a bad output bearing and i have the overdrive unit off and started taking it apart to replace the bearing but it wont come apart. i need help. how do you get the gear cluster out? i had the spring ring out and all the clutched behind it. as well as the two snap rings but then i got stuck. i have a bad out put bearing and need to replace it. if anyone has any experience plaese tell me how to do it. thank you.

also i have the OD out of a 95 and it does not have the threaded hole for the speed sensor. it has what looks like a pressed in metal plug. is this accually a pressed in plug or just a threaded plug that doesnt want to let go. thanks for all your help in advance.

Old 09-13-2011 | 09:48 PM
gdstock
Legend

Looks like you are new here. Welcome.

Here is a good place to start: https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...info-only.html.

There are a number of transmission rebuild threads if you search. Also you can download a manual in the DIY section. I did this and it has helped a lot. You can print out the rransmission section.

Lots of great info and everyone here is happy to help. MonteC is a transmission tech and has been a great resource.

Good luck. Oh, and as you progress, folks will want updates on how you nare doing., The more info, the easier it is for them to help. Also, we like photos!

Quick Reply: 46re overdrive unit HELP