2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What do you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 12:05 AM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you guys think?

Well I should be in bed right but I can't sleep. Tomorrow is a big day!!!! I get to go find out if we are having a boy or a girl!!!!!! Im hoping for a boy but either way I will still love my child to death. For you fellas out there who have kids, whats it like? Im so excited for it to be here so I can hold him/her already.

Also any votes on what y'all think it is??? Just curious

Old 09-30-2011, 12:42 AM
Rob59
Rookie

No experience with having kids as i'm not quite at the point in my life where i want kids yet, but best of luck to you either way! Congrats.

I'll guess boy.

Old 09-30-2011, 01:57 AM
blazendizz

i have 3 kids youngest boy is 2 my daughter is 4 and my oldest boy is 6 and i'm married and im only 22 yrs old i had to grow up quick as hell lol i almost passed out all 3 times when my kids were born so drink water and the damn umbilical chord is harder to cut then you think

i would guess boy

Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 AM
dlyter09
Champion

Lol i feel ya on the growing up thing. Ill be 21 this november. Im super excited. Gettin ready to go to the doctors in about an hour here. Will let you guys know what the news is. So far everyone is saying a boy except for the old lady and her mom.

Thanks guys!!

Old 09-30-2011, 09:11 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,380 Likes on 3,120 Posts

I have one biological son, and a selection of children that I lay claim to. (second wife's kids, and current girlfriends kids as well.) Although, "kids" might be somewhat erroneous...... Most are adults now, and my son has a son that is about a year and a half old...... Not to mention the two grandkids by my girlfriends daughter that also live with us.....

Kids are a mixed bag. There is nothing more rewarding than raising a child, of course, there is nothing more painful than noting that he/she is a screw up...... You do the best you can, try and instill the values/ethics you want them to have, and then turn 'em loose on the world. My bio-son has a good job, a newer car, a wife, and a child. He is doing EXCELLENT. I am quite proud of him. He turned out a hell of a lot better than I did. (I was NOT an easy child to raise.....)

Congrats on the soon-to-be new addition to your family. Look FORWARD to it. You will love it. (though at times, you will wonder how the human race has lasted as long as it has..... )

Old 09-30-2011, 01:46 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Thanks man. We are having a little baby girl!!! And I know I might have been a pain to my parents but the brought me up the right way. The old school way to be exact and ill stand to that till the day i die. I was raised to respect my elders and to treat people the same as i want to be treated. I will raise my kid as i was raised and hope that she turns out better than I. Thats all i can hope for

Old 09-30-2011, 01:49 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Thanks man. We are having a little baby girl!!! And I know I might have been a pain to my parents but the brought me up the right way. The old school way to be exact and ill stand to that till the day i die. I was raised to respect my elders and to treat people the same as i want to be treated. I will raise my kid as i was raised and hope that she turns out better than I. Thats all i can hope for
Make sure she gets to be dad's little helper and teach her how to wrench on stuff. She'll thank you later in life.

Old 09-30-2011, 02:58 PM
SilverSS
Captain

Congratulations man! My little girl will turn 3 next week. Little girls are daddy's girls. Trust me there's no other feeling like it in the world. And so far she can name off every tool in the top box. We're working on the bottom one.

Old 09-30-2011, 03:57 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My best memories of childhood are being dad's "tool boy." Working on quads, motorcycles, lawnmowers, his 62 plymouth his grandma bought new, and his many many dodge trucks hes bought, fixed, and sold just to buy another. im so thankful he included me even though im sure i slowed things down. I try to do the same with my little brother, and will of course do it with my kids in the future.

Old 09-30-2011, 04:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,380 Likes on 3,120 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
My best memories of childhood are being dad's "tool boy." Working on quads, motorcycles, lawnmowers, his 62 plymouth his grandma bought new, and his many many dodge trucks hes bought, fixed, and sold just to buy another. im so thankful he included me even though im sure i slowed things down. I try to do the same with my little brother, and will of course do it with my kids in the future.
Speaking as a father here..... if my kid/grandkid wants to HELP, and LEARN something, I don't care if it takes me twice as long to do the job...... My bio-son just wasn't interested..... one of the teenagers however WAS. He now has a job doing the wrench turning thing for a 'living'. (if you can call part time a living....) My grandson, (all of 8 years old) is learning tools, but, he can be a bit slow...... Still and all, just having someone to fetch and carry while I am underneath/buried inside a car/truck helps a LOT.

Encourage your children to help you. Even if it does slow you down, (and can be a bit frustrating.....) Anything you can teach them now, WILL help them later down the road.

Last edited by HeyYou; 09-30-2011 at 04:03 PM.

Quick Reply: What do you guys think?