2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

End of the line...

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011 | 01:19 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

I bet if he would have just hit her, only damage to the truck would have been a couple scratches on the bumper.

Old 10-02-2011 | 01:24 PM
drewactual
Champion

Originally Posted by zman17
I bet if he would have just hit her, only damage to the truck would have been a couple scratches on the bumper.
and a heckuva valuable lesson for the lady driver.. and, I'm sorry, but some people will never understand their habits have consequences unless they get bit.. hopefully, they don't have to be bitten hard to learn, but sometimes they are.. - point being, there is a 'lady' somewhere telling a story to her equally ditzy girlfriends about how 'she' narrowly escaped an accident by a careless redneck driver, and if it wasn't for her quick reflexes, she would have been rear-ended.. in other words, she isn't questioning her own driving.. gotta love it..

Matt: I'm with others.. you're past the point of return- you're too deep in all of that to bail now.. get another second gen from someone fed up with burning oil and transmissions that won't downshift to first gear.. and buy it.. you'll be much MUCH happier in the end.

Old 10-02-2011 | 05:35 PM
matty675
|
Record Breaker

I test drove an 03 turbo jetta today and it was awesome! Thinking about buying it...

Some guy is trying to tell me that my trans won't fit in his 01 because the neutral safety switches are different is this correct?

Old 10-02-2011 | 05:38 PM
matty675
|
Record Breaker

Oh, and drew, your welcome to have a look anytime

Old 10-02-2011 | 05:57 PM
Gary-L
Legend

I agree with Drew. Check Craigslist for a Dodge with a farked up engine and transmission. Transfer the guts of yours over and then sell the remnants of both trucks.

Old 10-02-2011 | 06:28 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Originally Posted by matty675
I test drove an 03 turbo jetta today and it was awesome! Thinking about buying it...

Some guy is trying to tell me that my trans won't fit in his 01 because the neutral safety switches are different is this correct?
The neutral safety switch is the same for both. So he's a moron. However, the Gov pressure sensor/transducer and the TCC/OD solenoid assembly is what's different. And can be swapped without a problem.

Old 10-02-2011 | 06:50 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by matty675

it will fit, he just wont have overdrive.

Old 10-03-2011 | 08:59 AM
1998ram5.9
Veteran

Originally Posted by lastrights
is the motor ready to go ? ready to drop in ?

i would look for a dodge dakota r/t or a dodge ram sst or a indy ram.
or look for a ram 1500 single cab shortbed with a 5 speed in it

Old 10-05-2011 | 01:27 PM
matty675
|
Record Breaker

okay, i am no longer a dodge guy

i bought a 2003 jetta with a 1.8 turbo w/ 5 speed. its definitley fun to drive. going from the ram to this, and lets just say shes no slouch. ive driven 60 miles and the gas gauge hasnt moved. entering onto the interstate is now, a refreshing experience haha!

i have yet to find a knowledgeable vw forum, and aside from VDUB himself, i know this is not a vw forum, but i do have a few questions!

the car has a turbo back exhaust w/ cat delete, the post o2 is recessed with non foulers, it has a larger intercooler pipe, cold air intake, and stage 2 clutch and light weight flywheel, recirc. bov, and of course 4wheel disc brakes with an awesome abs system! it also has an automatic "locker" that functions much like an lsd, it isnt a true locker. the PO is a mechanic at a local imports shop, so i know this stuff was installed correctly. he is also doing the timing BELT (hey! wheres the double roller?! hehe) water pump, thermostat, and serpentine belt as well as a few other maintinance procedures this weekend... free of charge!

my issue is a cel for lean fuel on bank one and idle air control system RPM higher than expected. the idle is indeed high, around 800- 1k, and it varies. its not erratic but it isnt exactly steady

the issue is only noticeable at idle. when the a/c is first turned on, it may shudder for a second and then it rebounds to its usual idle.

things that have been checked are: maf replaced twice, checked for vac leaks and intake manifold gasket replaced, fuel pressure check, fuel filter change, spark plug change.

i beleive the two codes are related, but any ideas on what this could be? should i replace the iac?

Old 10-05-2011 | 01:50 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Quick Reply: End of the line...