2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

A Paypal Alternative That ROCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2011, 12:01 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bwdakrt
Just a little up note on paypal. Back the first of this year I received a letter from a law firm about a class action lawsuit against paypal for ripping people off on over charging for final sales fees. They were asking me to join the lawsuit and once the settlement was final I'd be receiving a percentage of my total sales in the form of a check. I was thinking 'What the hell, if I get back $5 that would be more than I expected' so I joined the lawsuit.

I'd forgot all about it until 2 weeks ago when I received a check from the law firm for $57.57 as my share of the settlement. Surprise cash is good but seeing paypal get busted was even better!
Wow! You must do a lot of business on E-Bay. These guys didn't do quite as well as you: Yingling vs E-Bay

Old 12-06-2011, 12:10 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^^I used to do quite a bit on ebay several years ago but now hardly any at all.

Old 12-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Paypal keeps freezing my funds for 20 days, then unlocks the account, then freezes the funds again. I move a lot of parts on The Samba and don't sell very much on E-Bay (yet). What pisses me off is E-Bay/Paypal locked me out of selling until I had a Credit or Debit Card linked to the account. So, I had my Credit Union set me up with a credit card on the savings account linked to my E-Bay account and a $100 credit limit placed on it. Earlier in November, Paypal congratulates me that my funds will be immediately available and then two weeks later *BLAMMO* my funds are frozen again. DOUCHEBAGS!

Old 12-06-2011, 12:43 PM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
Paypal keeps freezing my funds for 20 days, then unlocks the account, then freezes the funds again. I move a lot of parts on The Samba and don't sell very much on E-Bay (yet). What pisses me off is E-Bay/Paypal locked me out of selling until I had a Credit or Debit Card linked to the account. So, I had my Credit Union set me up with a credit card on the savings account linked to my E-Bay account and a $100 credit limit placed on it. Earlier in November, Paypal congratulates me that my funds will be immediately available and then two weeks later *BLAMMO* my funds are frozen again. DOUCHEBAGS!
They told me the same thing...I had to be verified with a bank account or credit card. Nobody's going to get my bank account info so I opted to apply for their Paypal Card and that satisfied them. I've used it twice by accident and was able to pay the balance using my paypal account.

The only time I've had any funds frozen was about 3 years ago when an ASSHAT in Canada used his wife's paypal account to make the purchase and then she filed a unauthorized transaction complaint. Even though I provided proof of delivery paypal still refunded the money so I ended up with no money and no product returned. I finally convinced paypal to do a history check on the buyer and turned out they had been pulling this crap for a long time. They closed their account, banded them from ebay but they still wouldn't refund my money. Pi$$ed me off but learned a real good $300 lesson.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:19 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

i got a total of 3 checks totaling .70 cents from the settlement case. woohoo

Old 12-06-2011, 08:44 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
i got a total of 3 checks totaling .70 cents from the settlement case. woohoo
lol I got .68 cents

Quick Reply: A Paypal Alternative That ROCKS!