2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

A Paypal Alternative That ROCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 08:33 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default A Paypal Alternative That ROCKS!

Easy Online Payments With Dwolla

Tired of getting raped by Paypal over fees and/or getting your payments reveived LOCKED for a brief period of time? Check out Dwolla -- only .25 (twenty-five) cents per transaction.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:37 AM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Been a lot of guys griping over PayPal "holding" their money on them for up to three weeks. That's what happens when you are basically the only game in town. Good to see alternatives coming along...

Old 12-05-2011, 08:42 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was doing just fine until E-Bay decided that I had to have a credit card or debit card linked to my Paypal account. So, I opted for a secured debit card linked to my savings account with a $100 credit limit. Then, once again a couple of weeks ago, Paypal decided that all incoming funds for my account had to be locked for 20-days *UNLESS* I receive positive feedback from my buyer. The problems there are 1) not all of my sales are on E-Bay, and 2) buyers don't always leave feedback; timely or otherwise.

Old 12-05-2011, 08:53 AM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

PayPal requested recently that I "link a bank account and/or credit card", and assured me "it is simply for account verification purposes, and the information will not be retained".. I was warned "failure to do so will result in your account being suspended until you comply"...

So, I used a credit card I knew was about to be canceled..

The card was validated, life was good- but then, they sent me an email and said "your credit card used to verify the account is no longer active or accepting transactions, please update the information; failure to do so will result in your account being locked"...

question: If they don't 'retain' the cc information, how did they know that it was no longer an active card? we're talking a couple months between when I used it and when i canceled it, and I got the notice from PayPal within a couple days of the card being canceled.. huh? I'm thinking this is a violation of law- they specifically said 'we will not retain the information', yet, they did?!

Secondly, how did they know so fast? Are they tapping the card daily or weekly? and, if they are, why?

that is one jacked up organization fellas.. I despise PayPal, but they are the only game in town.. I'll be looking to dumping them all together.. thanks for the link Vdub..

Old 12-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Augiedoggy
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

one of the issues is paypal is affiliated or rather "owned" by the owners of ebay so they try to make other methods more difficult to use. I recently had them take hundreds of dollars from one payment I recieved...I was not happy....I remember when it was actually free more or less.

Old 12-05-2011, 11:06 PM
gdstock
Legend

Can you say "organized crime?" I know, I am always thinking conspiracy (and I was in Dallas in 1963 - and Oswald did NOT act alone....and all of us fourth graders knew that!)

Old 12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
J415
Champion

Instead of paypal, I like to use Chase Quick pay. Very straight forward. I actually bought something from Matty after he wrecked his rig and paid for it with quick pay. Smooth transaction.
The thing that sucks is that if you wanna buy something off of Flea Bay, almost all buyers require that you pay for it via paypal. At one time, you could get away with paying for it by money order, but they did away with that.

Old 12-06-2011, 06:02 AM
Archion
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More absolute awesomeness from PayPal...

http://www.regretsy.com/2011/12/05/cats-1-kids-0/

Old 12-06-2011, 07:13 AM
redneck_ram
Champion

paypal is utter bullsh!t!!! im glad i just closed my account, going to make a dwolla account later! that article made me absolutely sick and hope tyhat ebay and paypal go downhill real real soon!

Old 12-06-2011, 09:39 AM
bwdakrt
Record Breaker

Just a little up note on paypal. Back the first of this year I received a letter from a law firm about a class action lawsuit against paypal for ripping people off on over charging for final sales fees. They were asking me to join the lawsuit and once the settlement was final I'd be receiving a percentage of my total sales in the form of a check. I was thinking 'What the hell, if I get back $5 that would be more than I expected' so I joined the lawsuit.

I'd forgot all about it until 2 weeks ago when I received a check from the law firm for $57.57 as my share of the settlement. Surprise cash is good but seeing paypal get busted was even better!

Quick Reply: A Paypal Alternative That ROCKS!