2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Pics of the damage and a question

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011 | 09:34 PM
offroadjosh
|
Record Breaker

I have always wondered how they do the classic insurance.

Old 12-14-2011 | 09:59 PM
jmhai
Veteran

Originally Posted by SilverSS
Yes. When insurance totalled my mustang they would not give me a salvage title. I got back a certificate of destruction. It could never be on the road again-for parts only. Nothing I could do about it.

Was your Mustang paid for or did the insurance company pay the bank off and then you were sent the COD later. My wife got t-boned in my Honda Crx which was paid for and the other persons insurance sent me a form saying they will total my car and give me a certain amount.. I agreed to the total but only if I could keep my car. They agreed and just sent a check. I sold it with the original title and to this day i see it driven daily with a non working pass door and rear quarter looking like Swiss cheese, but still gets 28-30 miles a gallon..

Old 12-14-2011 | 11:58 PM
SilverSS
Captain

Originally Posted by jmhai
Was your Mustang paid for or did the insurance company pay the bank off and then you were sent the COD later. My wife got t-boned in my Honda Crx which was paid for and the other persons insurance sent me a form saying they will total my car and give me a certain amount.. I agreed to the total but only if I could keep my car. They agreed and just sent a check. I sold it with the original title and to this day i see it driven daily with a non working pass door and rear quarter looking like Swiss cheese, but still gets 28-30 miles a gallon..
Yes the Mustang was paid for. Maybe Florida laws are different? I don't know but Josh glad everything worked out for ya!

Old 12-15-2011 | 12:04 AM
SilverSS
Captain

Originally Posted by offroadjosh
I have always wondered how they do the classic insurance.
When I got collector car insurance on my 86 Monte Carlo I went through Grundy. They just had me fill out some info on the car, ask how much $ I wanted the car insured for, verified I had other vehicles that I drove as a DD, and send in pics of the vehicle. Saved a lot of $. No mileage restrictions either. I don't how it would go if I had a claim; hopefully never will.

Quick Reply: Pics of the damage and a question