2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

interior door swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2012, 03:09 PM
BigBlue83
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default interior door swap

My truck has power windows and power locks; however it doesnt have that main control on the driver side that can lock all other window/locks from other passengers from using them. I have a lttle girl who is almost two yrs old. When ever she is in my truck she always plays with the windoes and locks. So i want to go to the JY and find two door pannels that have that main control and swap them out. I figure i might have to splice into on of the harness or just pull the other harness and wire it in. Has anybody done this? i cant imagine that it would be too hard.
Thanks for the input

Old 01-10-2012, 04:06 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't help you with that since I got no window look either but you could always pull the plug on the passenger side

Old 01-10-2012, 04:31 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by redheadhunter21
Can't help you with that since I got no window look either but you could always pull the plug on the passenger side

+1.... No ram has that option as far as i know of. Besides, if shes in a car seat(I hope) what can happen? Except for it being annoying.

Old 01-10-2012, 05:22 PM
BigBlue83
Veteran

what can happen? she open the dang door while i was driving down the road! and yes she was in a car seat...
my old durango had that option, how compatible are the doors from a durango to a ram? i know theyre different dodges but all the mods i see/ hear you guys do

Old 01-10-2012, 05:23 PM
BigBlue83
Veteran

worst case i will disconnect the switch. until i find some way some how to modify it

Old 01-10-2012, 07:24 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue83
what can happen? she open the dang door while i was driving down the road! and yes she was in a car seat...
my old durango had that option, how compatible are the doors from a durango to a ram? i know theyre different dodges but all the mods i see/ hear you guys do
Anything and everthing is possible to do, givin you have the knowledge, time, and money to do so.

Old 01-10-2012, 07:50 PM
BackwoodsRam
Record Breaker

just grab the wiring diagram for the door and window locks, and run a switch inline with the passenger contols. you can the flip the switch to open the contact, and disable the passenger door controls

Old 01-10-2012, 10:38 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BackwoodsRam
just grab the wiring diagram for the door and window locks, and run a switch inline with the passenger contols. you can the flip the switch to open the contact, and disable the passenger door controls

I don't see the disable swith as an option on our generation truck...so....

+1 on what Backwoods said. That would be the only way I see, and they way I would do it if I had that need and concern. Kids....they can make you crazy......gotta love 'em!

Old 01-11-2012, 08:44 AM
BigBlue83
Veteran

So I got my plans for the weekend! Gunna do my rims and my new switch fabrication. Going to granger to get a single pole double throw switch and run the wire from the passenger door behind the dash and out onto the driver side some where. Ill splice it in the passenger side door inbetween the solenoid and the door/window switch

Old 01-11-2012, 11:03 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue83
I understand that, however, pulling the door **** is quite a feet even for us. LOL

Anyway, I think it would be easier to tap into the wire(s) before they go through the door jamb. Instead of running wires all the way to the switch. Just a thought.

Quick Reply: interior door swap