2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

interior door swap

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 11:26 AM
8uzzsaw
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow your kids got an arm if she can open the door of a moving truck from her car seat! Sign her up for sports as soon as shes old enough. Ha ha.

+1 on what zman said about tapping in before the wiring goes to the passenger side. Less work for you (at least it would seem that way)

Don't forget, take pics and post a thread on it. Good luck.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:54 AM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

It would be a lot easier, as the boot in the door jamb is also a plug at the cab side of the jamb.. As in not hollow with wires running through it.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:55 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

If you just want to disable the passenger side lock switch, all you need to do is put the switch in one wire running to that side switch. End of problem. All the switches do is provide ground path, in one direction or the other. If the circuit is incomplete (switch in the open position) the door switch over there won't do squat.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:57 AM
BigBlue83
Veteran

Originally Posted by 8uzzsaw
Wow your kids got an arm if she can open the door of a moving truck from her car seat! Sign her up for sports as soon as shes old enough. Ha ha.

+1 on what zman said about tapping in before the wiring goes to the passenger side. Less work for you (at least it would seem that way)

Don't forget, take pics and post a thread on it. Good luck.
Lol yea im 6'4" and her mothers 6'1" so im deff going to have her play sports so she can buy me a house and a diesel truck lol I have a vac leak so I have to pull my dash any ways )lus I have to ibspect my interior lights switch so now is the best time for the dash to be pulled. I figure the only extra would be pulling the passenger door off and splicing the wire right before the door/window buttons than run it out tthe dore with the rest of the wires from the speakers and such than behind the dash than drill hole for the toggle switch and bolt it in on the dricer side dash somewhere thinking by the interior light switch on the left of the sterring wheel

Old 01-11-2012, 11:59 AM
BigBlue83
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
If you just want to disable the passenger side lock switch, all you need to do is put the switch in one wire running to that side switch. End of problem. All the switches do is provide ground path, in one direction or the other. If the circuit is incomplete (switch in the open position) the door switch over there won't do squat.
I dont want to disable it all the time

Old 01-11-2012, 12:00 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,273 Likes on 3,020 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBlue83
I dont want to disable it all the time
That's what the switch is for.... want it to work? Flip the switch.

Quick Reply: interior door swap