2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Interior fun time!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2012, 09:58 PM
chadhager03
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interior fun time!

Well I've decided to work on my interior since its slowly falling apart and cheap to fix.

First thing is my drive side dome light started flickering and now it doesn't work. I dropped the overhead thing and started pulling wires and took out the spring loaded push light. I put it back together and both didn't work. Took it apart again and could only get the passenger one to work again. So I don't understand how this works and didn't see it in the service manual. Probably missed it. Any ideas or cheap places to buy the overhead thing ESP one with a compass and temperature gauge.

Next is my back extended cab window is off of the hinges. It's still connected by the weather stripping and the push out thing but what would be good glass glue to use that would hold it? I've used a few different adhesives that didn't last long.

My center console interior plastic is falling down as well. How should I secure this? It's the hard plastic that is on the inside of the center console on the top. It droops down and annoys me.

Finally my glove compartment is broken but I think I might have to go to u pull it because it's pretty bad.

Thanks for any future answers!

Old 01-11-2012, 10:15 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had the same problem with the map lights on the upper console. Some of the pices were just missing. Cost about $30 at dealer (no JY withing about 60 miles).

I also had to get pieces for sunglass holder and other tiems so I picked them up on e-bay. Bought glovebox form JY when I was in Abilene one day. Wrong color, but repainted when i replaced dash so it looks good.

Don't know what will work for glass. Maybe JY would be good option for you and pick up all items at one time.

Old 01-12-2012, 07:47 AM
chadhager03
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright thanks I guess ill go junkyard diving. The pieces are all there but I can't figure out how they work to trouble shoot it. My main question is what glue would work for the windows?

Old 01-12-2012, 11:40 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

You need something fairly substantial for the windows. Especially if you live someplace where it gets below freezing. There is trim adhesive, but, I don't think thats mean enough...... This is something I need to address as well.....

Quick Reply: Interior fun time!