2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Odd Browser behavior?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:15 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Behaving normally for me again as well..... I am REAL curious what that was all about....

Old 01-16-2012, 01:21 PM
drewactual
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

it's inherit to the browsers.. it's scripted into the dang thing to refresh at the point you were last at.. it's another case of 'dumbing down' by doing what it thinks you want done... thinking for you in other words.. it drives me nuts too..

there are ways to kill it on the server side by scripting in a js or a css.. i'm sure there are more ways, but that is the easiest for a developer to use..

this is just a plop in forum of the open source variety.. it's an antiquated one at that.. whoever the owner, they are more interested in selling adverts than anything else, as that is the only work done to the thing out of the box.. that's fine though- because it gives us a place to share for the cost of dealing with adverts.. not a bad trade..

for the specific 'problem' you are having, HeyYou, before loading another page- scroll to the top and select something near it.. then refresh/reload the page, and it will load to that point instead of the lower anchor (or where you were last at)..

Old 01-16-2012, 01:33 PM
NyghtProwler
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmmmm.....I didn't even get to log in earlier and I got a report from ThreatFire about a trojan or something other......a program named System Check.....quarantined and deleted....seems fine now

Old 01-16-2012, 01:41 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,276 Likes on 3,023 Posts

Originally Posted by drewactual
it's inherit to the browsers.. it's scripted into the dang thing to refresh at the point you were last at.. it's another case of 'dumbing down' by doing what it thinks you want done... thinking for you in other words.. it drives me nuts too..

there are ways to kill it on the server side by scripting in a js or a css.. i'm sure there are more ways, but that is the easiest for a developer to use..

this is just a plop in forum of the open source variety.. it's an antiquated one at that.. whoever the owner, they are more interested in selling adverts than anything else, as that is the only work done to the thing out of the box.. that's fine though- because it gives us a place to share for the cost of dealing with adverts.. not a bad trade..

for the specific 'problem' you are having, HeyYou, before loading another page- scroll to the top and select something near it.. then refresh/reload the page, and it will load to that point instead of the lower anchor (or where you were last at)..
Thing is, even if I use the "GO" button at the bottom of a thread/forum/whathaveyou, it would load the page I wanted, but, then it would put me at the very bottom..... It has since stopped doing that..... weird. just.... weird.

Quick Reply: Odd Browser behavior?