2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Nv3500

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2012, 11:03 PM
safrantz
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
The part that the shift lever screws on to. It also doubles as the cover on top there.
As far as I know my shift lever is one piece...i never acquired the tool to separate it from what I refer to as the shifter tower...i have 4 bolts that go to it and then one cover and one boot...

Old 02-16-2012, 11:07 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 02-16-2012, 11:15 PM
safrantz
Professional

Originally Posted by 2x1972

WTF is that? Move to Daily WTF....

Jk..though it doesn't look familiar, let me go through my truck pictures right quick and see if I have what I'm referring to...

Old 02-16-2012, 11:18 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

It's what shifts your truck from gear to gear... Your shift lever slips over it...

The REAL WTF is this: WTF haven't you made a sig yet???

Old 02-16-2012, 11:25 PM
safrantz
Professional

It's what shifts your truck from gear to gear... Your shift lever slips over it...

The REAL WTF is this: WTF haven't you made a sig yet???
I'll get right on that... though I thought I had one... like "she will live again" or something...

Also, I swear my shifter is in one piece, there is a block that go over that, right? then your shift lever is coming from that... no?

EDIT: Oh yeah, I reply to you guys A LOT from my phone.... it doesn't post my sig when I do that...

Last edited by safrantz; 02-16-2012 at 11:26 PM. Reason: oh yeah... forgot I use my phone a lot
Old 02-16-2012, 11:30 PM
safrantz
Professional

There's the top of the OE nv3500 I pulled from my truck... my shifter plugs into that socket on top...

EDIT:

I found a picture of the "tower piece" as I call it..that plugs directly into the transmission...

Last edited by safrantz; 02-16-2012 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-16-2012, 11:35 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by safrantz

There's the top of the OE nv3500 I pulled from my truck... my shifter plugs into that socket on top...

EDIT:

I found a picture of the "tower piece" as I call it..that plugs directly into the transmission...

That's what I'm trying to talk about haha. Just giving you a heads up, related to my experience. Might wanna bring a few tools along just in case.

Old 02-16-2012, 11:39 PM
safrantz
Professional

yeah... no tools needed, this is all that is left of the trans....

I'm going to try and "reassemble" it tomorrow, e.g. get it in the damn housing so I can send it back as a core... they were giving me some grief over the phone about it... they don't seem to understand that they are going to have to take it apart anyways... I think they are just fearful that I won't give them all the parts...

Old 02-16-2012, 11:47 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Yea I was gettin' ready to tell you that you would have to put it together for them to take it as a core... and considering it's a $500 core charge with them you don't wanna skip it haha...

Is ANYTHING salvageable in that thing?? Main or countershaft at least? Those are the most expensive...

Old 02-17-2012, 09:05 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by safrantz
I have a very foul taste in my mouth at the moment as I just ordered my rebuilt trans from man-trans for more than I wanted to pay!

Should be here in 3-5 days.

Geh.
Oh man, just caught up on the whole scenic drive day dude! You should be getting out as opposed to messin' with truck shiz anyways.

Hey safrantz, make sure you pull the shifter stub thingy out of the trans before you go to pick up your new one/drop off your core. I didn't do this, and thankfully was able to scrounge up a couple combo wrenches to muscle it out of there.

This might be common sense... I've never messed with transmisions before this truck, or ordered one, and I didn't know it wouldn't be there...
Yeah, 3500 is 1 piece lever and your almight 4500 is 2 piece. He may only be interested in pride salvaging. lol

Good luck on the saga safrantz!

Quick Reply: Nv3500