2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Relay Case

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 11:00 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Relay Case

After installing my offroad lights, I had 3 relays, and many feet of wiring just sitting in the engine bay open to the elements. Then after cleaning up the garage, I came up with an ingenious idea...take a look.

Before: (only 2 relays shown, was before i installed the last 2 lights, which required another relay and more wiring.)

After: (Used some double sided 3m tape, I had extra from installing the rain guards on the side windows. It is taped down to the top of the fuse box)

As you can see, I used a Dewalt drill bit case, minus the drill bits, and drilled a few holes to run the wires through. It's just big enough to hold the relays in tight, and still has room for one more relay.

The problem I have now, though it hasn't created a problem yet, is my battery. It has 6 extra 12g wires bolted onto it, to power the relays, and to power the seperate fuse box, which powers the switches. I've seen different battery posts that can be installed, to run wiring to, but none that have 6 extra slots. Anyone have any ideas on how I can clean this up??? The far 3 yellow wires are the ones running to the seperate fuse box. The 3 yellow wires with the inline fuses are to the relays.

Seperate fuse box, powering the 3 switches in-cab. Of course, this was before the last 2 lights were installed, so u notice only 2 fuses for the switches i had installed at the time

Just thought I'd post these pics, for anyone else installing lights, and wires, and relays, and needing an idea to protect the relays/ connections from the elements.

Old 04-08-2012, 11:06 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,390 Likes on 3,130 Posts

You can get fuse blocks that use a single source wire, and then have a selection of outputs. Knocks you down to just one wire to feed everything. (make it a fat one....) You can also tap power directly off the PDC (where you have your relay box mounted) as the battery cable runs there FIRST, then off to the starter.....

Quick Reply: Relay Case