2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Saw my first Eclipse :)

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012 | 07:19 AM
EndIsNear
|
Record Breaker
Default Saw my first Eclipse :)

Watched my first eclipse last night (North Texas Panhandle). Was quite a sight. Got to show my little boy. I was about his age when the last one occurred (1994) so it was a good bonding experience. He's a space finatic, I'm a space finatic, we both love Angry Birds Space, so we both enjoyed it. Looking through a welding helmet, it was awesome, but trying to take a picture was not so easy. Luckily professionals took some good ones for us to save, but here's a shot with my cell phone through a welding helmet for what its worth:

Old 05-21-2012 | 11:03 AM
nate_9ers
Rookie

Very nice, was that a shade 10!

Old 05-21-2012 | 11:42 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Ooooh that's very cool! I've never seen one but I want to.

Old 05-21-2012 | 12:20 PM
EndIsNear
|
Record Breaker

This was a professional photographers picture. Still, you get the idea

Old 05-21-2012 | 12:35 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by EndIsNear
Watched my first eclipse last night (North Texas Panhandle). Was quite a sight. Got to show my little boy. I was about his age when the last one occurred (1994) so it was a good bonding experience. He's a space finatic, I'm a space finatic, we both love Angry Birds Space, so we both enjoyed it. Looking through a welding helmet, it was awesome, but trying to take a picture was not so easy. Luckily professionals took some good ones for us to save, but here's a shot with my cell phone through a welding helmet for what its worth:

Dang. I just realized where Sunray is located. You be out there in the middle of nowhere! I think antelope outnumber people there don't they? I hunted out near there a number of years ago.

Good shot....I remembered it about an hour after it was over!

Old 05-21-2012 | 01:26 PM
EndIsNear
|
Record Breaker

Lol middle of nowhere is right. My hometown is the same way (Floydada, TX). Sunray is less than a square mile big. Needless to say I don't put many miles on my pickup we just got a Family Dollar, biggest thing since sliced bread in this town. But its home. I had been waiting for that eclipse for a few days lol. I was outside watching before it ever even started.

Old 05-21-2012 | 02:58 PM
gdstock
Legend

I haven't been through Floydada in 20 years! Is it still there? So many small towns in West Texas and the Panhandle have just nearly gone away. A lot like ghost towns of the 1800's.

Old 05-21-2012 | 08:55 PM
EndIsNear
|
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by gdstock
I haven't been through Floydada in 20 years! Is it still there? So many small towns in West Texas and the Panhandle have just nearly gone away. A lot like ghost towns of the 1800's.
Floydada is STILL there. Barely. Its a dying town. My family still lives there. Sunray is pretty busy for a town of 1800 people. But your right, most of the other towns are just about gone.

Quick Reply: Saw my first Eclipse :)