2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My ram got t boned

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:01 PM
HammerZ71
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
It may not be such a small fine for not having insurance..... Here in Georgia, at least in these part's, they don't take to kindly to uninsured driver's....
Well since I used to work for both a city PD & a county sheriff dept. in your fine state I can tell you that at least as recently as 2010 the penalty for 1st offense driving without insurance is $375 and loss of driver's license for 1 year, however you can plead no contest and the judge will almost always waive the license suspension.
2nd Offense is $750 and mandatory loss of license for 1 year. 3rd Offense is $1500 and two years without a license.

And when you lose your license it gets better because 3rd offense of being caught operating a vehicle with a suspended license becomes a felony with mandatory jail time. The thing I never understood was if you get nailed for driving without a license it's a misdemeanor no matter how many times they get you BUT driving with a suspended license becomes a felony???

Old 06-01-2012, 10:11 PM
nate_9ers
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
...but what kills me is he was 100% at fault and i could have played the "oh my neck hurts" card and got alot out of it...
That is messed up!

Old 06-01-2012, 11:46 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just goes to show, driving uninsured just ain't worth it.

When I was in high school, owning/driving (pushing/towing?) 2 1972 dodge pickups and insuring under my dad, I only kept one insured at a time. For most of the time, I drove my 2wd, but when I really got the itch to drive the Power Wagon (it really wasn't comfortable, or even safe on the road before the steering was built and shocks installed, but school/work was all backroads with NEVER a cop in sight) my dad would call the insurance company and ask them if I could drive it. They would always reply with "It will be covered in a collision for the one day, and as long as he doesn't get in an accident, we won't charge anything extra." Asking about that stuff never hurts, and you might have a reasonable company that will give you a break.

That being said, I would have probably done the same thing in your situation, since it was his at fault, and you were uninsured. Not worth having that ol' truck fixed in exchange for that being on your record...

Good luck fixing it up, hopefully you can keep it cheap like you said! And post up a few pics for us lifeless Dodge dorks

Old 06-02-2012, 12:43 AM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd contact the other driver and tell him how much it will cost HIM to fix your truck since it was his fault. When he turns it in to HIS insurance company, they will be calling you...

And the fines for no insurance......because the lawyers and iunsurance banksters OWN everything and are in contol...(stepping off of soapbox....)

Old 06-02-2012, 09:34 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Depends on insurance laws in the state...... some folks have "no fault".... your insurance covers your vehicle, regardless of who is at fault. If that's the case, you can file a 'mini tort' and get like 500 bucks out of the other driver... but, that's it.

Old 06-02-2012, 12:08 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

Im just taking it as a loss his truck just had a dented bumper and cracked grill nothing major...and like i said ol blue still drove home...she will be on the road again soon...need a welder and cutting wheel though thats whats going to make it take long...but my buddy has both only problem is i work days and he works nights so its hard to get up with him

Quick Reply: My ram got t boned