2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

My ram got t boned

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 07:37 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts
Default My ram got t boned

Yup ol blue is down for the count...i just bought a house and was on my way to get a grill and was comming off the highway ...which is a one way obviously...and i was turning onto the road from the highway and i had a green light i go out and an old stupid guy ran the red light and tried to go up the one way to go the wrong direction...smashed my whole drivers side...bed is fused with the cab door is destroyed cab corner is destroyed and the piller is dented....

I was able to get the door open and it still shuts but theres many gaps and luckily it hasnt rained...unfortunatly i had no insurence on it cuz i havent really used it in 2 months so its a total loss...i was able to drive it 15 miles back home and she still did great...no frame damage

I love my truck so im fixing it even though shes got 229k but she was luggin a trailer full of stuff when i moved into my house last weekend ........
with no problems..

Old 06-01-2012, 07:40 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

pics? did the other guy not have insurance? he should be at fault so you should get a check. I got t-boned earlier this week as well, but mine was definitely not drivable. Sorry to hear it happened, but at least you still have the truck and it is driveable.

Old 06-01-2012, 07:54 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

I have pics but im on my phone i just got one of those smartphones and dont really know how to use it yet...waiting for internet at my house then i have many pics to show...

But im surprised i hardly felt the impact...all i know is my ram is a safe truck...if i was in my car id be in the hospital cuz it was a brand new chevy 2500 that hit me...and luckily my arm wasnt out the window or i would have lost it...but its great having my own house cuz i can work on it at my leisure...probably gunna take the bed off tomorrow and start straightening it back out

Old 06-01-2012, 07:59 PM
SilverSS
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks man. Glad you're allright. His insurance would have paid for your truck since he was at fault. You can still file a claim with his insurance if you have his info. Why didn't you call the police and get a report? Even if you didn't have insurance the small fine you would have had to pay is nothing compared to what it would cost to get your truck fixed.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:07 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

I got nervous cuz if i lose my lisence i have no way to get to work...i was stupid to not file a claim....but the only thing ill need to buy is a door which ive already found one with little rust for $50the but its 100 miles away and the door wont fit in my car...but the rest i might be able to salvage it wont look pretty but hey its a truck and ahe atill runs great

Old 06-01-2012, 08:08 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It may not be such a small fine for not having insurance..... Here in Georgia, at least in these part's, they don't take to kindly to uninsured driver's....

Old 06-01-2012, 08:20 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

Ill admit 100% i was stupid to go with no insurence...but what kills me is he was 100% at fault and i could have played the "oh my neck hurts" card and got alot out of it...but my truck will be back before winter fixed completly so it will be a fun summer project and next spring im going to attempt to rebuild the motor...pistons..heads...head gaskets...lifters...push rods and rocker arms..and cam...its cheaper then buying a new truck so what the hell why not...i love my truck

Old 06-01-2012, 08:22 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 95RAM360
Ill admit 100% i was stupid to go with no insurence...but what kills me is he was 100% at fault and i could have played the "oh my neck hurts" card and got alot out of it...but my truck will be back before winter fixed completly so it will be a fun summer project and next spring im going to attempt to rebuild the motor...pistons..heads...head gaskets...lifters...push rods and rocker arms..and cam...its cheaper then buying a new truck so what the hell why not...i love my truck
Did you make sure your 6 was covered? Since there wasn't a police report if the other driver wanted to be a dick they could start all kinds of crap.

Old 06-01-2012, 08:25 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

do you at least know who the driver was, did you at least get his name in case of an insurance claim? main does require insurance, which is why i live in NH they dont require any insurance at all!

Old 06-01-2012, 09:07 PM
95RAM360
Grand Champion

It was an 80 year old guy he had no clue what was going on...he didnt get out of his behicle...no one got my plates...but im not avoiding this ...if i get asked by a cop what happened ill tell the truth...it happened wednesday and nothing has happened...ill take the loss and just rebuild it myself since the $6000 ive dumped into it ive done all the labor...and i think thats why i love the truck so much...its easy to work on and ive done everything myself...i can tell you one thing ill be the last owner for it for ill keep fixing it till it cant be fixed anymore...i can probable fix the accident problems with about $250...and thats if i do all the labor and if my buddy lets me borrow his welder

Quick Reply: My ram got t boned