2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

bed bolts and lift

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 01:47 AM
Goatley
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bed bolts and lift

i know where my first 2 are. Im trying to figure out where the 2 rear ones go at cause there was not any there when I got it. I also need to know where I can get some rear lift stuff or will pvc pipe do the same as the plastic body lift pieces?

picture for bolts will help (remember my truck is a swb) sorry dumb blonde female here

Old 06-03-2012, 09:18 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,270 Likes on 3,017 Posts

Do NOT use PVC for a lift. Unless you NEVER plan to put anything at all in the bed....

Two rear ones should be pretty close to the bumper.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:49 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Goatley
i know where my first 2 are. Im trying to figure out where the 2 rear ones go at cause there was not any there when I got it. I also need to know where I can get some rear lift stuff or will pvc pipe do the same as the plastic body lift pieces?

picture for bolts will help (remember my truck is a swb) sorry dumb blonde female here
Please remove the whole idea of PVC for use on the truck. If that were remotely safe, then we'd all see these on most of the trucks out there. The mount used for a body lift is plastic, but not anything like PVC.

So you are saying you have a body lift installed on the cab only portion?

Then for the bed, only 2 are installed in the front locations, making the bed tipped backwards?

Any chance you could take some pictures of the whole truck and posting so that we better understand? (better to use a 3rd party photo host like photobucket.com, imageshack.com, flickr.com, etc.)

Look at these links to download a pdf file for Factory Service Manual and Parts Manual. If you want to learn and improve your truck with own mind and hands, then these are great starting places. You'll find directions (for the most part) and pictures.

Service Manual thread

Parts Manual thread

Plenty of people here to lend helping hand and encouragement, but it will be limited by how well you can describe your topic. Use pictures as best as you can. People will expect you to help yourself with the above references, especially b/c most everyone also uses them to help communicate. Lastly, get a Haynes Manual from local parts store.

Edit: Forgot to mention that if you are in fact missing the body lift pucks in the rear, then replacements can be bought online. The parts would come from Performance Accessories. They are the only ones, that I recall, made a body lift for our 2nd gen trucks. They respond to emails and phone calls. Purchasing would mostly be through a store in your local area. They (PA) would tell you best place closest to you.

Last edited by Wh1t3NuKle; 06-03-2012 at 11:54 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:15 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Got some pictures of mine to help you out. The bed has a total of 3 pucks per side. The pucks have bolts. Then there are 2 bed spacers per side. These are welded to the frame rails.

These pictures show (driver side) the pucks in the rear, near the bumper. The one nearest the bumper is smaller (green box).

Name:  RearBedMounts.png
Views: 2935
Size:  1.58 MB

Picture of the spacers.
Name:  IMG_20120603_085839.jpg
Views: 1545
Size:  1.13 MB

Old 06-03-2012, 12:34 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Wh1t3NuKle
Got some pictures of mine to help you out. The bed has a total of 3 pucks per side. The pucks have bolts. Then there are 2 bed spacers per side. These are welded to the frame rails.

These pictures show (driver side) the pucks in the rear, near the bumper. The one nearest the bumper is smaller (green box).

Picture of the spacers.

Yioun know your truck is just TOO clean underneath!

Old 06-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Ol_RedRam
Amateur

Originally Posted by gdstock
I was thinkin' the same thing.

Old 06-03-2012, 02:28 PM
Goatley
Professional

YES!!! Im missen the rear spacers cause the bed to tilt backwards! What can I do till I get some more in to fix it?

Old 06-03-2012, 02:45 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I was you I would remove the front two lift pucks off the bed until you have all of them. Yes it will look goofy with the cab lifted and the bed not, but not as goofy as it does tilted, and then there won't be the angular stress on the hardware.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Originally Posted by Goatley
YES!!! Im missen the rear spacers cause the bed to tilt backwards! What can I do till I get some more in to fix it?
So you're missing all 4 in the back? Yellow and Green box from the picture?

If you're only missing the small one (green) box, then I'd be less concerned.

I have some spare LARGE ones though. I just modified my front mounts such that the puck is gone and have gained ground clearance/approach angle.

Let me know.

Old 06-04-2012, 10:49 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion

Originally Posted by gdstock
Originally Posted by Ol_RedRam
I was thinkin' the same thing.
Quit staring...

Quick Reply: bed bolts and lift