2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

pictures of what Ive done to truck...

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012, 08:44 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pictures of what Ive done to truck...

I painted&lifted it with a 3 in bl &2.5 leveling kit&new tires& wheels

Old 06-20-2012, 09:32 PM
WAfrican
Professional

What color is the top layer? I've been thinking about painting mine close to this, but I don't want to to give too much info and have someone do it before me haha.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 PM
ekaplan
Professional

Looks really good. Did it burn a hole in your wallet? What lift did you go with? What tires are those? Nice work

Old 06-20-2012, 10:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,389 Likes on 3,129 Posts

Looks Good! But, this thread goes in GD. (not gdstock....)

Old 06-20-2012, 10:47 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Looks Good! But, this thread goes in GD. (not gdstock....)

heehee.......

It does look good!

Old 06-20-2012, 11:30 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

Thanks fellas,well the paint I did myself its a ss metallic medium charcoal gray,inless you can really paint stay away from ss metallics.Ss solids are ok but the metallics are a bi@#! even the most skilled painters usually have problems with it because its so prone to tiger stripping&its hard to get the flake to lay right.Plus your not supposed to color sand it So if you have any mistakes Thanks fellas,well the paint I did myself its a ss metallic medium charcoal gray,inless you can really paint stay away from ss metallics.Ss solids are ok but the metallics are a bi@#! even the most skilled painters usually have problems with it because its so prone to tiger stripping&its hard to get the flake to lay right.Plus your not supposed to color sand it So if you have any mistakes you have to sand&re shoot .I got lucky I had zero tiger stripes was lazy&didn't pull antenna so right behind it its not to pretty.But all in all looks good.
The tires are falken rocky mountain ats.Wheels are old school 15x10 wagon wheels.3 inch performance assecories body lift&2.5 hbs leveling kit .Don't buy your bl lift from jc Whitney they sold me the kit with bumper brackets but didn't add them&then refused to send em or refund me So I just drilled holes in frame.I had tons if issues first shock bolts were froze had to cut em out with a torch then tiebrod sleeve broke.Then steering shaft was froze&broke the pinch bolt The write up on pavement sucks suck monkey nutz!
Anyway paint&all cost me about 220 but I bought double what was needed. you have to sand&re shoot .I got lucky I had zero tiger stripes was lazy&didn't pull antenna so right behind it its not to pretty.But all in all looks good.The tires are falken rocky mountain ats.Wheels are old school 15x10 wagon wheels.3 inch performance assecories body lift&2.5 hbs leveling kit .Don't buy your bl lift from jc Whitney they sold me the kit with bumper brackets but didn't add them&then refused to send em or refund me So I just drilled holes in frame.I had tons if issues first shock bolts were froze had to cut em out with a torch then tiebrod sleeve broke.Then steering shaft was froze&broke the pinch bolt The write up on pavement sucks suck monkey nutz!Anyway paint&all cost me about 220 but I bought double what was needed.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:38 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I also learned the hard way about metallic. And one key is to shoot light coats of the base. Too much at a time complicates your life! It also effects coloration as I discovered not with the black, but the blue metallic I am preparing to do on hood of wife's car.

cutthroat, is this your first paint job?

Old 06-20-2012, 11:41 PM
cutthroatxxx
All Star

First metallic ,why do you ask good sir!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:42 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

About time you finished that heap.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:57 AM
TRUCKDIVA
Former Vendor

Truck looks good!

Quick Reply: pictures of what Ive done to truck...