2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

HELP please, HID NEW ISSUE

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2012, 02:57 PM
pazzo
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation HELP please, HID NEW ISSUE

I have searched everywhere and can find nothing.

I have a 2001 ram 1500 with the magnum 5.9.
I installed the BI-XENON HI/LOW XTREME hid kit from hid depot (kbcarstuff.com) with the relays. I did not install the resistors because i never had the blinking problem like i had on my 2004 ram 1500. The problem is that the headlights are always in bright and never switch to low beam. the high light indicator on the dash is always lit and gets slightly dimmer if i switch to low beams. the headlights themselves do not flicker or change brightnness at all.

I am hoping someone else may have had this problem, maybe i need to install the resistors to fix this but i thought it was for the blinking problem. somone also told me i may have reverse polarity and have to cut and swap the high and low beam wires at the stock headlight connector, but to me this does not make sense. thank you

Old 06-25-2012, 03:03 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have no experience with HID's, but IIRC from the info I've read on here, you do have to switch wires or some thing of that nature at the light plugs.

On a side note, I also would have installed everything according to the directions, whether or not I had/have one problem or another.

Old 06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
pazzo

i did install all supplied parts, ballasts and relays. the resistors i bought seperatly and are only used if there is a flickering problem, which there was not so i did not install them. i am not sure what to do now. should i cut the high and low beam power wires and switch them around? not sure.

thank you

Old 06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

Check this thread out, maybe it will help. https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen...-a-01-ram.html

Old 06-27-2012, 12:57 PM
pazzo
Default thanks ZMAN

I posted on this tread, looks like great info there too, just where i needed, thank you much appreciated

Old 06-27-2012, 05:09 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP

No problem, that's what we are here for.

Quick Reply: HELP please, HID NEW ISSUE