2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Do you ever feel like giving up!

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 07:29 AM
JoshSlash87
Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Usually having a beer will motivate you...or stopping for the night & getting some food and sleeping on it and coming back the next day with a vengence works in the toughest cases!. My steering knuckle needs to be changed and the toughest part of the job is coming up with Money for it, I'm so broke at the moment I can't even afford the $35 knuckle from the junkyard, so I'm taking my last $20 to the bar instead tonight, I live in the now and have a massive impulse buying problem combined with an addiction to karaoke & beer.

I got so involved in fixing the plenum and doing the tune up that I never checked my lugnuts and my rim flew off last week now causing a host of issues like needing a new knuckle & lower ball joint as well as the two brake lines off the master cylinder & new aluminum wheel Woof!, but if I had money I'd be ***** deep into fixing that truck and wouldn't stop until it was done or I got hungry,pissed or frustrated!. I'm 25 and the worst part was hearing my mom say to me after fixing the plenum..."did you check the lugnuts" and I told her "yes" to shut her up so she wouldn't nag me because she worries about everything and I thought "why the fk would the lug nuts be loose?" wouldn't ya know she was right! the next day the rim flew off.

Last edited by JoshSlash87; 07-24-2012 at 07:36 AM.
Old 07-24-2012, 08:15 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

^^^LOL Now that is some irony

Old 07-25-2012, 12:35 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Well, it seems Dodge still has dash cracking problems through the 3rd Generation along with the usual of the interior being prone to wearing & tearing. That, and the 2004 model year seems to have serious suspension and driveline issues. It seems that if I want a diesel I'd go 2005 or so with the 5.9L. My research of the Fords shows that the 6.0L Powerstroke is a reliable engine so long as it is properly maintained (something a lot of people neglect on ANY vehicle) and that the post 2003 has improvements and areas where some minor bolt-ons will improve performance.

I still haven't made up my mind what I'm going to do, yet.

Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

The 6.0 debuted in 2003.5 Super duties, the improvements you are referring to were implemented somewhere around '05 I think.

If you choose to get a 6.0, delete the EGR system the day you buy it.

Have you read this? Very informative. I would still choose a Cummins, I don't really see why anyone wouldn't... But that's your call

http://www.littlepowershop.com/60problems.html

Old 07-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by 2x1972
The 6.0 debuted in 2003.5 Super duties, the improvements you are referring to were implemented somewhere around '05 I think.

If you choose to get a 6.0, delete the EGR system the day you buy it.

Have you read this? Very informative. I would still choose a Cummins, I don't really see why anyone wouldn't... But that's your call

http://www.littlepowershop.com/60problems.html
I found a link similar to that.

BTW - I opted not to move to Spokane and might not move to Washington.

Old 07-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

^^^ Well I hope you somehow find a way to enjoy the rest of your time on this planet regardless

Old 07-25-2012, 02:37 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by 2x1972
^^^ Well I hope you somehow find a way to enjoy the rest of your time on this planet regardless

Thanks. I believe it is safe to say there are plenty of locales where hookers and blow are accessible.

Quick Reply: Do you ever feel like giving up!