2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Thinking of some new items for the truck!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 01:41 AM
Ryandodge2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking of some new items for the truck!

Ok so I live in Vegas, and as everyone knows its hot as crap here! my truck has been running hot, but thats my fault, i put electric fans on and took the clutch fan off, long story short the fans weren't powerful enough, so i put the clutch fan back on, but cut the stock shroud so its still overheating, but what im going to do is get a new shroud and put one of the electric fans on the ac condensor then it will be good! But ive been looking around and thinking of doing a trans cooler with a trans temp gauge and and and external oil cooler, any opinions on this? i think it would be best for me do to the fact i live in vegas and do a bunch of stop and go driving!

Old 07-27-2012, 08:12 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Have you flushed the cooling system? It may be restricted, causing poor cooling efficiency, which would lead to overheating.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:07 PM
98Ramboy
Professional

Are electric fans worth it? Should I install them in my pickup? And if so, is it better to design a system of my own or get a kit of some sort? (If somebody makes them)

Old 07-27-2012, 11:38 PM
gdstock
Legend

Originally Posted by 98Ramboy
Are electric fans worth it? Should I install them in my pickup? And if so, is it better to design a system of my own or get a kit of some sort? (If somebody makes them)

Design your own set up? Depends on your abilities and budget. Proper selection of equip, etc.

For a sure bet, I would recommend http://www.tcpperformance.com/

Not the cheapest, but well built, easy installation, great customer service, and works like a champ. Includes customs shroud that clears up some space.

Name:  HSRockersinstalledanddone.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  217.5 KB

Name:  efanassembled.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  142.7 KB

Last edited by gdstock; 07-28-2012 at 01:06 AM.
Old 07-28-2012, 01:04 AM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 98Ramboy
Search for a thread by 2x1972. He went through lots of good info on that question. Either path is doable for people.

Old 07-28-2012, 01:15 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Old 07-28-2012, 03:30 AM
Ryandodge2
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys, but my system isnt clogged, just got new radiater and hoses and thermostat! it runs perfectely fine when the weather is cooler, i just dont really want to hassle with electric fans right know, maybe later on down the road when i have 500 dollars to spend on a kit i will!

Old 07-28-2012, 10:52 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

There can be restrictions in the block cooling passages as well. I would flush it if I was you.

Quick Reply: Thinking of some new items for the truck!