2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

More Auto Part Store Kookery

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2012, 06:29 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I used NGK V-powers in my 2001 Ram 1500 5.9L V8 when I had it. Used Champions in the wife's 2006 Durango, 4.7L V8. No issues with either.

I have a set of Champion Iridium plugs waiting to go into the Gen II 4.7L V8 in my 2010 Dakota when its time. Just don't be tempted by Champion's rebates... they tried to tell me mine wasn't eligible, my part number wasn't on the list. I got Rock Auto to force them to communicate with me. Champion even gave me a free pair of wiper blades.

Rock Auto is awesome.

However, despite all that, its been two months or so and I still haven't seen or heard a word about my $40 rebate. So beware... Champion doesn't seem to want to honor rebates. Don't buy a plug from them based on a "mail in rebate" price.

Old 08-08-2012, 05:46 PM
Ol_RedRam
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Advance told me that they just didn't carry Champion plugs anymore. I don't really care for Autozone, Napa was closed, and I DESPISE O'Reilly's.

So I bought the cheap NGK's and my truck is happy.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:17 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Went into AZ to price head gasket set for 93 Mazda (a little side work to feed the beast) and guy at counter was wringing his hands over the 04 Ram Crew 4X4 with 5.7 Hemi he bought over the weekend for $3500. All was going well as he picked up new hood and grill, until he blew a 3" hole in side of block.... Offered him $2000 as is......

Old 08-08-2012, 08:36 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by gdstock
(a little side work to feed the beast)
you know you really shouldn't talk about your wife that way. she's got a good heart and she's a good mother.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:41 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ol_RedRam
Advance told me that they just didn't carry Champion plugs anymore. I don't really care for Autozone, Napa was closed, and I DESPISE O'Reilly's.

read post 11 and you will find out why.....

Originally Posted by dhvaughan
you know you really shouldn't talk about your wife that way. she's got a good heart and she's a good mother.
thats just wrong, but funny!!!!!!!! LOL

Old 08-08-2012, 09:02 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dhvaughan

ROFL..... And I won't tell her you said that! (She would ban me form DF!) She has not bught into the idea of me picking up another project......something about 7 vehicles out back.....

And AZ wants me to open a commercial account...

Old 08-09-2012, 08:59 AM
Josh_Putman
Professional

Originally Posted by redneck_ram

oh, and i know for a fact advance sells champions cause i get them there all the time. in fact i just bought some there about 3-4 months ago for our jeep.
Better check the "born on" date on those.....wait, I'm thinking of something else here......

Better check the expiration date. Apparently they haven't made them in 5 or 6 years. They might be stale. Or are they like Twinkies.....?

Old 08-09-2012, 06:02 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Ol_RedRam

You might not care for Autozone, but they sell Champion plugs for our trucks. Duralast products like sensors are the no no for our trucks from Autozone. Not the other brand name stuff they might sell.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:34 PM
Ol_RedRam
Amateur

Originally Posted by zman17
You might not care for Autozone, but they sell Champion plugs for our trucks. Duralast products like sensors are the no no for our trucks from Autozone. Not the other brand name stuff they might sell.
I learned my lesson about the Duralast junk a while ago...the hard way. After fighting with ball joints, in less than 10 months, I was back doing the same exact thing. Them selling me the wrong oil filter didn't help matters after 5 quarts of oil spewed out on the ground. And Autozone doesn't have a hot girl working there like Advance does.

And I just didn't know that Autozone sold Champion plugs. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-09-2012, 06:44 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Originally Posted by gdstock
Went into AZ to price head gasket set for 93 Mazda (a little side work to feed the beast) and guy at counter was wringing his hands over the 04 Ram Crew 4X4 with 5.7 Hemi he bought over the weekend for $3500. All was going well as he picked up new hood and grill, until he blew a 3" hole in side of block.... Offered him $2000 as is......

What did he say to that offer?? I could see a nice project with that

Quick Reply: More Auto Part Store Kookery