2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

More Auto Part Store Kookery

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012, 02:48 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Now that I am back home I will not be supporting ANY of the chain stores full of morons. (RareColorRam don't get offended unless you work in Covington WA, or if you are a moron).

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 08-13-2012 at 02:50 PM.
Old 08-15-2012, 09:57 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Now that I am back home I will not be supporting ANY of the chain stores full of morons. (RareColorRam don't get offended unless you work in Covington WA, or if you are a moron).
What's your secret?

Old 08-15-2012, 01:44 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Black Diamond Auto Parts. Small parts store tha always seems to have everything, doesn't have computers, and is run by old guys and one younger guy in his 30's that is an avid wheeler, he's the smartest one of the bunch. They run a great store, and give me a discount because they like me. I haven't been in since I got back this time, but Last time I was in town I bought an alternator for the Power Wagon from them, and when I walked in they all smiled and asked how I was doing in the military. Can't beat that kind of friendliness, and the good prices and quality parts they have too.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:28 PM
TheBeast413
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Darren270
I like to keep things stock and I've had no problems using the Champion RC12YC plugs as listed on the truck itself.

So I decide its long overdue for a tune up and while driving home yesterday I passed an Advance Auto Parts store. I stopped thinking I can run in real quick and grab the spark plugs and be on my way.

This is the following conversation with the counter "expert" verbatim...

Me: Hi. I just need some spark plugs for a 97 Dodge Ram 1500 5.9L.

Him: <Types info into computer> Ok I've got the Bosch Platinum, NGK, Autolite, blah, blah, blah...

Me: Actually, I'm looking for a set of Champion RC12YC.

Him: Oh, we don't have those. They don't make Champion spark plugs anymore.

Me: Wha?

Him: Yeah they quit making Champions about 5-6 years ago.

Me: Thats odd, I havent had any trouble getting them before.

Him: If you can still find them, its just old stock they're selling till they run out.

Me: Um...ok? Well, thanks anyway...

WTF??? Where do these people come up with this stuff? How stupid do they think people are?

A quick call to Summit, who assures me that Champion spark plugs are still alive and well, and my spark plugs are on the way.
I must ask, what store location was this? I work at a advanced auto parts and it PAINSSSSS me to hear stories like this, people like that generally get written up for blowin hot air out their ***, but it dosent help refurbish our image to the automotive savvy people, cause their are a handful of us that know our stuff, but unfortunately a majority of these people getting hired are part timers lookin for work to fill in college hours and their effort or lack there of disgusts me and alot of other fellow employees lol, but yeah that may have been the most unintelligent thing ive heard someone say in awhile (in regards to the parts pro)

Old 08-15-2012, 02:35 PM
TheBeast413
Rookie

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
ok so heres the deal. advance does indeed no longer carry champions. they can order them, but it takes a week or so to get them in.

something happened between the two companies, and somebody is "mad" at someone. so thats why yoou couldnt get them.

for reference.... i stopped into advance tonight to get prices on a battery for our jeep, and to see what they had for oil change specials. while i was there i told my friend about this thread, and thats what i was told.

so all in all...... there is a feud going on between champion and advance.
we stock champions at my store, and i mean daily with every truck inventory we get....thats too weird.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:36 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBeast413
we stock champions at my store, and i mean daily with every truck inventory we get....thats too weird.

What about an alternator for a 1983 Corvette? I'm also looking for a radiator for a 1977 Volkswagen Beetle. It's a Standard Beetle not the Super Beetle.

THANKS!

Old 08-15-2012, 02:47 PM
TheBeast413
Rookie

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
What about an alternator for a 1983 Corvette? I'm also looking for a radiator for a 1977 Volkswagen Beetle. It's a Standard Beetle not the Super Beetle.

THANKS!
im not sure if youre gonna want to drive to CT for a alternator

Old 08-15-2012, 02:56 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBeast413
im not sure if youre gonna want to drive to CT for a alternator

You don't know how to ship packages?

Old 08-15-2012, 03:00 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by VWandDodge
You don't know how to ship packages?
Check your PM's once in a while. LOL

Old 08-15-2012, 04:33 PM
mideerslayer
Rookie

This thread brings the funny, I go to the auto zone by my house since its only 5 min's away, and it is a circus in there. There a few guys that know what they are talking about, but there is this one young kid that I swear is going to have a heart attack by the time he hits 21.

Everytime I am in there, if he doesn't see the part pop up right away , his response "its a dealer item, who's next".

There is a small Mom and Pop's place nearme and I go there for the non-typical stuff.

The orileys near me, well they will argue with you about parts that you ask for. I once asked for a part and gave them the number and he told me it wouldn't work on the jeep i was fixing, I told him it was a upgrade and it would work and he flat out told me he wouldn't sell it because it wouldn't work.

Only go there now to buy PB blaster and oil when they have it on sale

Quick Reply: More Auto Part Store Kookery