2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

2nd Gen Ram Picture thread!!! Pic whore's unite.

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 07:40 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Johnn123
Cool were allowed to post whatever now.

Truck looks Great Johnn123!!!

Old 12-09-2014, 09:05 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
I hate that I never ever use my big LED bar on the road ever. My LED bar is aimed down its for seeing in front of me not lighting up the sky. I only use the two small LED driving lights only if I have to and shut them off well in advance of any other traffic. None of mine are connected to my high beams like some do, not legal at all that way. If you get caught out here using them on the road they will ticket you and might make you be towed, might make you get a full vehicle inspection depends on their mood. Aux lighting laws in BC are tough no messing around, well you can but get caught you pay one way or the other.
Yep well down here in Washington the rules are a lot the same but many people down here don't follow them. There aren't a ton of cops to do the enforcing either. That light bar on your bumper isn't for street use. You should be using it to drive down a forest service road. Having a nice spot light pointing towards the rear is nice for getting people like him to turn junk off or back off if following to close.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:07 PM
peterbilt201
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ok there are pics of a Ford in here now, yall gone to far.

Old 12-09-2014, 10:53 PM
tincan57
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK, vacation after this comment. I always enjoy Merc's 2500 Snow pics. K.

Old 12-09-2014, 11:00 PM
merc225hp
Champion

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Yep well down here in Washington the rules are a lot the same but many people down here don't follow them. There aren't a ton of cops to do the enforcing either. That light bar on your bumper isn't for street use. You should be using it to drive down a forest service road. Having a nice spot light pointing towards the rear is nice for getting people like him to turn junk off or back off if following to close.
Off topic oh wait

I don't even use it on the forest roads, its there more for looks than anything else and I don't mind admitting that, yes its a Cree led bar and it works great. At one point we had 2000 residents and 20-30 RCMP stationed in town. The #1 Hwy is the main Hwy through BC it is what we travel on so you don't get away with much. I am pushing the law where that bar is mounted its just below the center of the headlight, go any higher and it has to be covered at all times when the truck is driven on the road. After going through a full VI this summer I have learned lots about what's legal and not and whats needed to pass for a lifted truck. My truck is now reg as a modified truck and is subject to VI every year, top to bottom, front to back they check it all. As my truck passed with flying colours after some work I know I am covered by my insurance. If the truck had been in an accident with the lift/mods and not had the VI I could have been denied any coverage at all SOL. I know some here are from BC and they have a lifted truck's over 4" unless it's had a VI after the lift was installed they may or may be covered. Anything lifted over 4" here must have a VI done.

If I mod my truck, go up, bigger tires thing's like that it must get inspected again to be covered by insurance. It can be pulled in at anytime for reinspection even if the pervious VI was done the day before.

Edit: I am at my max for bumper height 29.5" from the bottom to the ground is all thats allowed, I am 29" at the back and 27" at the front. To go up heigher it needs drop bumpers that it may or may not get.

Will post a photo soon.

Old 12-10-2014, 08:23 AM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Truck looks Great Johnn123!!!
Thanks man!

Old 12-10-2014, 09:43 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Merc,
Your laws aren't really all that different than ours down here. Your truck always looks great and it's great that you passed your inspection. I'm glad we don't have those type of things down here. I've been lucky and never lived somewhere I needed to pass an inspection except when I was stationed in Germany.

John123,
Great looking truck

Old 12-10-2014, 11:18 AM
merc225hp
Champion

Thanks Wildman.

I have no problem with a VI none it helps keep **** off the roads and that saves lives. I know you build very nice, but there are those that don't. IE welded steering linkage thats just a huge no no even in most of the states it's illegal, let alone disliked by most off-roaders as pos. Fat tires out past the fenders, no mud flaps that is just a lack of respect for others on the road and in my eye's a huge safety hazard.

I have been building trucks since I was 16 and have always considered how my mod's will effect others on the road, called respect for other drivers.

On the bad side I figured my truck took a hit in value I would say close to $3500 hit as most will not want it now that it has to have VI done to it for the rest of it's life on the road.

Old 12-10-2014, 11:46 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Thanks Wildman.

I have no problem with a VI none it helps keep **** off the roads and that saves lives. I know you build very nice, but there are those that don't. IE welded steering linkage thats just a huge no no even in most of the states it's illegal, let alone disliked by most off-roaders as pos. Fat tires out past the fenders, no mud flaps that is just a lack of respect for others on the road and in my eye's a huge safety hazard.

I have been building trucks since I was 16 and have always considered how my mod's will effect others on the road, called respect for other drivers.

On the bad side I figured my truck took a hit in value I would say close to $3500 hit as most will not want it now that it has to have VI done to it for the rest of it's life on the road.
That's only an issue if you decide to sell it....... are you considering that possibility?

Old 12-10-2014, 12:47 PM
merc225hp
Champion

No I will be buried in it for sure. But you still have to take it into account any lifted trucks value has dropped once a VI has been set. Most sell them they don't want to deal with it anymore and most take a loss.

Quick Reply: 2nd Gen Ram Picture thread!!! Pic whore's unite.